X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
    According to the EPG on my TV, tonight's Mixtape includes 'Haydn's ticklingly playful Trio in C, a whirling tarantella by Madeleine Dring and a high-kicking version of Brahms's First Hungarian Dance'. I can't wait!
    Better get the breakables out of the way...

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
      Better get the breakables out of the way...
      I'm afraid my whirling and high-kicking days are over, so I don't think I'll be claiming under my house and contents policy!

Comment

• kernelbogey
        • Nov 2010

Threads merged.

Comment

• seabright
          • Jan 2013

Katie Derham introduced Arthur Benjamin's "Waltz & Galop" conducted by Bernard Herrmann this evening on 'In Tune' and said that it came from the movie "An Ideal Husband" which, she said, "was based on the Noel Coward play." I've often though that this woman knows nothing about music, nor indeed about plays, because of course "An Ideal Husband" was written by Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by seabright View Post
            Katie Derham introduced Arthur Benjamin's "Waltz & Galop" conducted by Bernard Herrmann this evening on 'In Tune' and said that it came from the movie "An Ideal Husband" which, she said, "was based on the Noel Coward play." I've often though that this woman knows nothing about music, nor indeed about plays, because of course "An Ideal Husband" was written by Oscar Wilde.
            You could fill a book with KD's gaffs.

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              You could fill a book with KD's gaffs.
              I think "The March of the Fair Melusine" was one of them (Das Märchen von der schönen Melusine)
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                I think "The March of the Fair Melusine" was one of them (Das Märchen von der schönen Melusine)
                Surely not!

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  Surely not!
                  Rat that I am, I recorded it! So have just checked
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ardcarp
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

Last time I conducted it the time sig was 6/4. A sort of duple. So you could do a fairy-tip-toe march if you really wanted to.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                      Last time I conducted it the time sig was 6/4. A sort of duple. So you could do a fairy-tip-toe march if you really wanted to.

Then you could call it "Der Marsch der schönen Melusine".

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

There's a theme of sorts in tonight's Mixtape, which will comprise music of the 1880s.

Comment

• dracos
                          • May 2022

In Tune Mixtape fan club

Hi,

Tonight is the 1,000th episode of the In Tune Mixtape (excluding any repeats, based upon the data I've been able to collect). I'm a big fan of the Mixtape, it's been a balm especially in the last couple of years, and so I have taken the opportunity to set up a fan club website/archive: https://intunemixtapefanclub.dracos.co.uk/

This includes an archive of all In Tune Mixtape episode listings, letting you search and browse, and if you'd like to join the club and receive a membership card, some badges, and a physical magazine, you'd be very welcome :-) Regardless, the archive is there for all to use and should keep itself up to date as time goes on, I hope others find it useful in their enjoyment of the Mixtape.

ATB,
                          Matthew

Comment

• JasonPalmer
                            • Dec 2022

Listening now, enjoyable. I have to admit i dont usually listen.
                            Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

• JasonPalmer
                              • Dec 2022

Recorders ! This has to be worth a listen eh

Two recorders take centre stage at the start of tonight's mixtape, in an arrangement of Handel's The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba. The third movement of Emily Mayer's seventh symphony is followed by Ja vim from Dvořák's Cyprise for string quartet. Plus music by the English composers Malcom Arnold and William Cornish, and we round off with the guitarist Julian Bream playing Villa-Lobos.
                              Producer: Kevin Satizabal Carrascal​

Comment

• JasonPalmer
                                • Dec 2022

Half an hour of back-to-back classical music, including Purcell's Rondeau from Abdelazer, a nonet by George Onslow and the mazurka from Delibes's ballet Coppelia. Also in the mix is music by Mozart, Gounod, Vaughan Williams and Hildegard of Bingen.

in tune matches my time preparing dinner, tidying up after and mixtape is on when its my wifes turn to put our five year old to bed

enjoying it now....it has been a long time since i spent the entire day listening to radio 3, such is the life of a house hubby

Comment

Working...
                                X