X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
    Presenters? I once saw Alan Titchmarsh presenting a televised prom, I could hardly believe my eyes when he popped up. I thought he was a gardener.
    I reckon he was a plant.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
      • Apr 2011

A slightly discordant note: JS didn't exactly cover himself in glory yesterday morning when he post-announced Holst's The Hymn of Jesus before the piece had come to its (very quiet) end. He then repeated his post-announcement with a distinct air of ill-ease. We all make mistakes, but I would have thought that an on-the-spot apology might have been appropriate.

As Osgood would say: 'nobody's perfect!'

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
        A slightly discordant note: JS didn't exactly cover himself in glory yesterday morning when he post-announced Holst's The Hymn of Jesus before the piece had come to its (very quiet) end. He then repeated his post-announcement with a distinct air of ill-ease. We all make mistakes, but I would have thought that an on-the-spot apology might have been appropriate.

As Osgood would say: 'nobody's perfect!'
        That was odd, wasn't it? Unfortunately it was the only bit of the programme I heard - came into the Holst part way through and not recognising it, I was keen to know what it was - but not that keen...
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• underthecountertenor
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          That was odd, wasn't it? Unfortunately it was the only bit of the programme I heard - came into the Holst part way through and not recognising it, I was keen to know what it was - but not that keen...

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

The hazards of live broadcasting!
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
            X