X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
    I sometmes keep listening, after Sunday Breakfast, to Sarah on Sunday Morning; but today, Linton Stephens's mateyness sent me straight for the off button.
    BTW, while checking the programme website for his name I read this:
    Linton Stephens chooses three hours of attractive and uplifting music to complement your morning, whether you’re curling up in bed with a hot drink or getting some September sun.
    Maybe, even, "a hot drink" is a euphemism!

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Try Paddy O'Connell on R4

Comment

• JasonPalmer
        • Dec 2022

Very enjoyable, listened while making bacon and eggs.
        Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

• Frances_iom
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
          Try Paddy O'Connell on R4
          this must also rank as one of the least inspired programmes on R4 - I still try it for a few minutes before realising that Einstein's dictum applies and I'm better off finding something else to read or to listen to - Sunday on R3 is basically a waste of time except for early music hour and that is now ruined by some stupid + unwanted insert.

Comment

• JasonPalmer
            • Dec 2022

I actually like the Sunday line up but as usually busy with family so i visit it during the week via the listen again option on the website schedules.

Comment

• JasonPalmer
              • Dec 2022

Enjoying sunday morning from under the heated throw, brrr, cold day but at least it sunny and not raining.

Comment

• JasonPalmer
                • Dec 2022

Some good picks today.

Comment

• Kernow Malc
                  • Oct 2018

Martin Handley's programme this morning ruined by all the usual fluff and trailers. He always sounds uncomfortable with that crap. I turned off eventually. Radio Swiss Clasic now. The BBC are doing wonders for my German.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                    Host
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Kernow Malc View Post
                    Martin Handley's programme this morning ruined by all the usual fluff and trailers. He always sounds uncomfortable with that crap. I turned off eventually. Radio Swiss Clasic now. The BBC are doing wonders for my German.
                    I go for their Italian version, Radio Svizzera Classica.
                    I must check and see if they play the same music and just have different language interpolations/introductions.
                    Presumably there's a French language one too.

Comment

• Sir Velo
                      • Oct 2012

Streaming my own carefully "curated" playlist of carols from Christmas past, pure bliss! No chatter, no waffle, just gloriousmusic. On shuffle so that element of chance and surprise is still there.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                        • Nov 2010

"Sunday Morning' with KD - I turned it off straight away.

I think Sunday Breakfast's increasing number of trails and talkings-up - it seems every gap between musical items now has one or the other - must have been imposed from on high. Such a shame - it was almost my last vestige of R3 listening. When it moves to Salford in April I think that will be it for me.
                        Last edited by kernelbogey; 24-12-23, 10:24.

Comment

• oddoneout
                          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Kernow Malc View Post
                          I didn't tune in until after 8 but it wasn't the usual pleasant Sunday morning experience - as you say an air of unease. Off switch smartly deployed the minute KD bounced onto the scene, so now my own resources until EMS at 2-00pm, and see how the rest of the offering plays out.
                          Christmas Day is more of the same format of bits and pieces and listener requests, although at least not KD. The recycled Proms in the evening are more promising - but where is the genuinely (ie not popular stuff and 'favourite carols')seasonal music? Have the centuries of output been consigned to the 'no longer required bin'? Thank heavens I was able to listen to the EBU day to be reminded that the considerable resources of such music, not just from the usual names, are not a figment of my imagination.

Comment

• LMcD
                            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                            "Sunday Morning' with KD - I turned it off straight away.

I think Sunday Breakfast's increasing number of trails and talkings-up - it seems every gap between musical items now has one or the other - must have been imposed from on high. Such a shame - it was almost my last vestige of R3 listening. When it moves to Salford in April I think that will be it for me.
                            One begins to wonder whether MH might secretly be rather relieved at the prospect of no longer having to preside over what has become a most unwelcome change in the character of this programme. More and more BBC programmes, including the main news bulletins, are being used to promote other BBC programmes.

Comment

Working...
                            X