• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Mal View Post
    I wish they would put our more information on NOW PLAYING on the website. They say:

César Franck
    Le Chasseur Maudit

Yes. But who's the conducter? Orchestra? CD details? Translation and summary?
    Maybe you have to wait until the programme (or that piece) is over: details are now given.

César Franck
    Le Chasseur Maudit
    Orchestra: Het Gelders Orkest. Conductor: Roberto Benzi.
    NAXOS.

Comment

• JasonPalmer
      • Dec 2022

Ahhh nice music to have breakfast with, seems a good presenter pop pickers
      Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Wall to wall Kate …….

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          Wall to wall Kate …….
          But Sunday morning with Sarah is always good too, anton

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            But Sunday morning with Sarah is always good too, anton

I believe you ……..

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

What was interesting, but them maybe not, was that she said the playlist for the programme was a combined effort between her and the producer. I seem to recall we have wondered in the past about the level of input, if any, the presenter has …..

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                • Apr 2014

10.30 and for some reason Sarah’s reverse talkback to her producer is going out live on air over this Renaissance vocal piece . An interesting discussion on youth orchestra experiences somewhat marred by only having half the conversation broadcast .

Comment

• oddoneout
                  • Nov 2015

Oops! Unfortunate technical glitch there, with Kate chatting over the music being played. Unlike so many other R3 programmes these days, and somewhat ironically, the morning schedules don't favour the talking over music habit so it's obvious when it's an error rather than intentional.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                    Oops! Unfortunate technical glitch there, with Kate chatting over the music being played. Unlike so many other R3 programmes these days, and somewhat ironically, the morning schedules don't favour the talking over music habit so it's obvious when it's an error rather than intentional.
                    She apologised: doesn't always happen.

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
                      10.30 and for some reason Sarah’s reverse talkback to her producer is going out live on air over this Renaissance vocal piece . An interesting discussion on youth orchestra experiences somewhat marred by only having half the conversation broadcast .
                      I didn't hear what she said, but from what you say sounds like something that might be worth airing with both sides of the conversation?

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                        • Apr 2014

From what I remember quite difficult to spot in if you are in the cubicle as the presenters talkback comes out over a separate speaker and you sometimes don’t hear it on the main transmission monitors. Very often your first indication will be the continuity people ringing to ask what on earth is going on.
                        Which is why Sarah wisely stuck to the old adage of not saying anything in front of a studio microphone you wouldn’t want a combination of your grandmother , Pope and Archbishop of Canterbury to hear.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                          • Apr 2014

I didn't hear what she said, but from what you say sounds like something that might be worth airing with both sides of the conversation?
                          Reminiscences of playing the Capriol Suite in a youth orchestra - must have been a pretty good band.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            No strictly the correct thread but I couldn’t find one for ‘In Tune’ but caught a bit of today’s programme and so good to hear Sarah Walker in charge of the programme - I thought the conversation with Davone Tines interesting on using the full range of his voice instead of being categorised as a bass or baritone. The Caroline Shaw pieces sounded good as did his playing around with the Ode To Joy!
                            A lot of Caroline Shaw pieces I hear on R3 sound good to me ….. but I make no effort to influence my betters …..

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Just wondering, with Sarah's catholic tastes, has she ever included this in her selections?

Or indeed the original recording with Nico and VU?

Comment

• kernelbogey
                                • Nov 2010

I sometmes keep listening, after Sunday Breakfast, to Sarah on Sunday Morning; but today, Linton Stephens's mateyness sent me straight for the off button.
                                BTW, while checking the programme website for his name I read this:
                                Linton Stephens chooses three hours of attractive and uplifting music to complement your morning, whether you’re curling up in bed with a hot drink or getting some September sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X