X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    No strictly the correct thread but I couldn’t find one for ‘In Tune’ but caught a bit of today’s programme and so good to hear Sarah Walker in charge of the programme - I thought the conversation with Davone Tines interesting on using the full range of his voice instead of being categorised as a bass or baritone. The Caroline Shaw pieces sounded good as did his playing around with the Ode To Joy!
    Here you go Cloughers

Breakfast, Essential Classics, Inside Music, Private Passions, Sunday Morning &c.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Thanks ts, shows how popular In tune has been in the last year and a bit.

Comment

• Quarky
        • Dec 2010

No strictly the correct thread but I couldn’t find one for ‘In Tune’ but caught a bit of today’s programme and so good to hear Sarah Walker in charge of the programme - I thought the conversation with Davone Tines interesting on using the full range of his voice instead of being categorised as a bass or baritone. The Caroline Shaw pieces sounded good as did his playing around with the Ode To Joy!
        Agreed. Sarah Walker raised the game, she was fully focused on musical content.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Getting a bit worried - I’ve heard something new that I liked - the piece that bridged Breakfast and Sunday Morning. O Anio by Oliver Davis. Probably I was more interested in the singing of Grace Davidson. The overall effect of the piece is an amalgam of Vivaldi, a slightly oriental sound and vocals which remind me of Songs of the Auvergne - maybe the last bit is because I’d match the pure voice quality a requisite of those songs.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

While Sarah and family dig their car out of snowdrifts on a visit home to Barnsley, Ian, from a few miles east of Barnsley, took over. Yorkshire rules Sunday Morning!

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              While Sarah and family dig their car out of snowdrifts on a visit home to Barnsley, Ian, from a few miles east of Barnsley, took over. Yorkshire rules Sunday Morning!
              Yes and magnificently . The quality of his script writing , the intelligence , the range of experience … wonderful.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
                Yes and magnificently . The quality of his script writing , the intelligence , the range of experience … wonderful.
                I only caught the first 20 minutes or so before singing duties took over. Must have a listen to it all (as well as to the following Private Passions with the excellent and fascinating Iain Sinclair).

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Agreed, it was excellent listen and some good choices of music!

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                    • Apr 2014

Agreed, it was excellent listen and some good choices of music!
                    Tom Mackinney also doing an excellent job on EC

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
                      I only caught the first 20 minutes or so before singing duties took over. Must have a listen to it all (as well as to the following Private Passions with the excellent and fascinating Iain Sinclair).
                      Thanks for the alert: I am a huge Iain Sinclair fan!

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Tom Mackinney also doing an excellent job on EC

Indeed he did IMVVHO ……

Comment

• kernelbogey
                          • Nov 2010

I'm finding Roderick Williams an engagingly different host from Sarah (though I am slighty surprised by his many 'umms' - as if he hadn't written a script).

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                            I'm finding Roderick Williams an engagingly different host from Sarah (though I am slighty surprised by his many 'umms' - as if he hadn't written a script).
                            I was thinking exactly the same thing. Sounding spontaneous while reading a script is hard , but it’s not as hard as busking it.
                            I like the piece of his he has just played…..

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                              Host
                              • Jun 2018

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Sounding spontaneous while reading a script is hard , but it’s not as hard as busking it.
                              I like the piece of his he has just played…..
                              He just dropped his pen
                              Very engaging & some unusual / interesting choices.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
                                He just dropped his pen
                                Very engaging & some unusual / interesting choices.
                                He’s such a charmer . Just been saved by the producer and had the grace to thank them when so many wouldn’t !

Comment

Working...
                                X