• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
    You know what it's like having to 'explain' a joke, Caliban?
    Nevertheless - would someone give this their best shot, please!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

I think it's a pretend joke. and someone is playing games so that anybody claiming to understand it will be caught out!

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Our new Great Man - Tree Lawn - seems, after I have had a week away, to have gone all poetic - is this new .....??

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          Our new Great Man - Tree Lawn - seems, after I have had a week away, to have gone all poetic - is this new .....??
          Is that what it is? I had a (very belated) listening report yesterday which several times mention [Poetry voice] - I wondered why.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

I know it's early in the morning and only Rumpole and the larks are about but did Tree Lawn just say we have Skellers all next week?

Comment

• AndyJW
              • Jan 2011

According to the Radio Times, yes!

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Even more reliable than Rumpole -most excellent .....

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Meanwhile, back to Breakfast: a quick shufti at the playlist shows quite a respectable choice? Only Rhapsody in Blue could be called a Breakfast regular.
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    Meanwhile, back to Breakfast: a quick shufti at the playlist shows quite a respectable choice? Only Rhapsody in Blue could be called a Breakfast regular.

.... and Tree Lawn - the poor man's Larkin - did say he played it because of the magnificence of the performance ....... Only for someone to tweet or whatever (I know you love them ff) that Previn had missed out the hard bits

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                      .... and Tree Lawn - the poor man's Larkin - did say he played it because of the magnificence of the performance ....... Only for someone to tweet or whatever (I know you love them ff) that Previn had missed out the hard bits
                      Just posted on Facebook that if we're supposed to be comparing versions, put it on BaL and do it properly. Then a respite of a few months on Breakfast would perhaps be beneficial.

And why would anyone be interested in why a piece of choral music is important to a complete stranger? Or that there is a good concert going on in Lewes - unless there's anyone listening who happens to live in or near Lewes? This is the 'breakfasty' part of Breakfast which can at best only be 'tolerable' and at worst 'intolerable'.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                        Ex-member
                        • Sep 2013

Why does Chip Shop Forlornly come in for such disdain, on here?

Comment

• ahinton
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                          Dunno - but Pet Shop in Hornsey, surely?...

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

He has his supporters as well as detractors. Unlike others.

I did hear that he mispronounced something this morning, was told (by producer?) and corrected it: proper procedure.

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

I think he is excellent ......

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                He has his supporters as well as detractors. Unlike others.

I did hear that he mispronounced something this morning, was told (by producer?) and corrected it: proper procedure.
                                It wasn't Tárrega by any chance was it? Acc. to the Beeb, things like this have to go all the way to the top, and all the way down again. I think the producer was bucking the system by simply telling him.

Comment

Working...
                                X