• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
    This morning we are back on the music played backward slot. Yuk!!
    Isn't that Essential Classics?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Isn't that Essential Classics?
      It is indeed FF and seems to be a weekly slot that brings special joy to RC.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        It is indeed FF and seems to be a weekly slot that brings special joy to RC.
        I think ff was gently suggesting you're on the wrong thread, antonio
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          I think ff was gently suggesting you're on the wrong thread, antonio
          Indeed and I was verifying this Your Honour........

Comment

• clive heath

Hoe Down today trailing Brodsky later, followed by the music for dancing choice! Plus ... c'est......chose. Do you think Davey has ever listened to Breakfast and has an understanding of how Petty and Clemmy rechurn their pop pieces desperately seeking the good-will of a few of their listeners?

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

As FF reminded us on another morning thread this company once assembled a series of suggested pieces for Breakfast and parcelled them off and never received a tweet of any sort from RC or SMP. We, IIRC, kept the pieces under 15 minutes to fit the then wish for headlines/newspapers on the quarter hour - presumably this restriction no longer applies? I do not study the playlists but as a listener do get a sense of slightly longer pieces creeping in........probably just wishful thinking....

Comment

• alycidon
                • Feb 2013

Listening at the moment, I just cannot escape the conclusion that RC is thoroughly bored with his job. Why else would we have to suffer all these trite interruptions to 'proper music'?
                Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• Stanfordian
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by alycidon View Post
                  Listening at the moment, I just cannot escape the conclusion that RC is thoroughly bored with his job. Why else would we have to suffer all these trite interruptions to 'proper music'?
                  Hiya alycidon,

I agree. The presenters seem to be getting worse by the day. The powers at BBC Radio 3 Towers won't be satisfied until the station is dumbed down. Those tweets, texts, phone-ins, silly music games and an almost obsession interest in talking to celebrities is very, very wearing. BBC Radio 3 has stopped putting the music first.

Classic FM is a station that I often listen to during various times of the day but one that doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is.

Comment

• alycidon
                    • Feb 2013

Classic FM is a station that I often listen to during various times of the day but one that doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is.
                    Hiya Stanfordian

Yes, I listen to FM when I can, but can only receive it through the TV, or the car radio. The little radios in the kitchen and office will not tune in properly. One of the drawbacks of living in a Scottish glen.
                    Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

We only seem to have the last hour's music on the playlist: but an hour which includes The Four Seasons (Summer), Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag, Parry's Jerusalem and the 'Onedin Line' seems a cut or two below Classic FM [also LvanB's Coriolan and Debussy Nocturnes].
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                        • Apr 2011

I agree. The presenters seem to be getting worse by the day. The powers at BBC Radio 3 Towers won't be satisfied until the station is dumbed down. Those tweets, texts, phone-ins, silly music games and an almost obsession interest in talking to celebrities is very, very wearing. BBC Radio 3 has stopped putting the music first.
                        Are you still talking about EC here? I don't think it has, or has ever had, phone-ins. And I understood that they have recently been dropped from Breakfast too.

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
                          Are you still talking about EC here? I don't think it has, or has ever had, phone-ins. And I understood that they have recently been dropped from Breakfast too.
                          There seems to be a common tendency to regard the 5 and a half hours in the morning as a single programme so with a thread for each of them there's a bit of confusion on both.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            There seems to be a common tendency to regard the 5 and a half hours in the morning as a single programme so with a thread for each of them there's a bit of confusion on both.
                            Perhaps this thread needs to be rebranded as the Bressential Classics thread!

Coat, etc...
                            OG

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                              Perhaps this thread needs to be rebranded as the Bressential Classics thread!

Coat, etc...
                              OG
                              How about "Morning is broken"?

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                                How about "Morning is broken"?

Comment

Working...
                                X