X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
    CBH just dispatched the headlines on the quarter hour with words to the effect "and the papers this morning are unsurprisingly full of george osborne's budget, but we won't dwell on that, here's some great piano-playing by...."

Bravo. More please.
    Hurrah!
    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• budscott

Sorry if this has been said before, but this Housewife's Choice of a show has ruined my life! I do yoga in the morning - if I start after 6:30 I've got to hunt around for a CD. Bad BBC, Bad.

Comment

• Radio64
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by budscott View Post
        Sorry if this has been said before, but this Housewife's Choice of a show has ruined my life! I do yoga in the morning - if I start after 6:30 I've got to hunt around for a CD. Bad BBC, Bad.
        Oh the agony! You could always listen again to the night-shift.
        "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by budscott View Post
          Hello, budscott - and welcome. Watch out for postings on the Announcements: Trust review published thread :-)
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Um, serious question this: have there been any interesting phone-ins lately on B'fast? Or even just ... phone-ins?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• budscott

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
              Oh the agony! You could always listen again to the night-shift.
              Can I?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                Music played backwards, music slowed and down and speeded up, two pieces of music played together. It's getting like a children's programme.
                As time goes on, I feel more and more that this is a programme for idiots, run by idiots. These infantile little tricks insult the intelligence of the audience every time they do them; yet they don't seem to realise how silly it makes the presenters look.

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

So. Is anyone prepared to answer whether the phone-ins have disappeared or not?

I haven't time to listen to a programme I never listen to in order to find out.

[Essential Classics is contracted out: I doubt they will cancel what has already been produced - at R3's request.]

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    That's the problem.

I do pluck up the courage from time to time.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                      I do pluck up the courage from time to time.
                      Me, too.*

Inevitably regret it.

* = ... or, "I, also", if you prefer.
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Just had an email from someone saying she had noticed but wondered whether she had somehow just missed hearing it ...

Stay on the look-out for more clues, especially now the Trust review has been published (another point they made was that Breakfast's pieces were roughly the same length as those on Classic FM's breakfast prog - just under 5 minutes).

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

[Essential Classics is contracted out: I doubt they will cancel what has already been produced - at R3's request.]
                          Sorry ff I am abroad and haven't listened this week - but last week there seemed the usual level of occasional phone ins usually about music for the season.....

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

I had be afoot just before 6.30 this morning and did switch on to hear the end of TTN... and caught the start of Breakfast... and it seemed to me that CB-H's voice had lost its affected lithp, and that she sounded less childish. In fact I hastened to t'internet to see if it was indeed her... errr ... she. Maybe Clemmie's growing up!

Didn't stick around long enough for the answer to the phone-in mystery though, sorry ff.

Anton - whither have you flitted off?
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

We are in the Windy City Rumpole and, to attempt to catch the coat tails of your name dropping, find ourselves on the same floor as Mike Rutherford - he of Genisis and Charterhouse.....

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                                We are in the Windy City Rumpole and, to attempt to catch the coat tails of your name dropping, find ourselves on the same floor as Mike Rutherford - he of Genisis and Charterhouse.....
                                You'd think Ruthers could afford a bed for the night, after all those hits.

Charterhouse.. Spent a particularly long day in the field there,IIRC, not getting much movement off the pitch or through the air with my medium pacers.

Anyway, have a good trip AG, sounds fab.

( is it really windy?)
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X