The Eternal Breakfast Debate in a New Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bb

What sort of radio programme would appeal to you in the morning?

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bb View Post
      What sort of radio programme would appeal to you in the morning?
      If you're asking me something more in line with Morning on 3. Maybe av. 4-6 pieces per hour. No tweets &c. The news on the hour (I could just about take it on the half hour - but definitely not every 15 minutes; and no newspaper headlines). Trails only just before the news (if hourly), but best if just given by the announcer. I would personally prefer each programme to be hand-crafted with no clashes, like Eric Coates, Scott Joplin, John Williams tossed in between Bach, Monteverdi &c. No single movements. Short, intelligent introductions to the music.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Black Swan

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        If you're asking me something more in line with Morning on 3. Maybe av. 4-6 pieces per hour. No tweets &c. The news on the hour (I could just about take it on the half hour - but definitely not every 15 minutes; and no newspaper headlines). Trails only just before the news (if hourly), but best if just given by the announcer. I would personally prefer each programme to be hand-crafted with no clashes, like Eric Coates, Scott Joplin, John Williams tossed in between Bach, Monteverdi &c. No single movements. Short, intelligent introductions to the music.
        Amen, FF, I couldn't agree with you more.....

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

I would personally prefer each programme to be hand-crafted
          Don't you mean "curated", ff?

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
            Don't you mean "curated", ff?
            Well, I understand it is "curated" now.

(“Every single thing is curated and created from the heart.")

The heart is obviously in the wrong place - I would love to know what the curatorial criteria are.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

Mr McKinney this morning said that 'unless you've been living on the moon' you would know that the Oscars are tonight. This awful cliche suggests in one short phrase: (a) an assumption by said Mr M that the Oscars are meaningful to and valued by everyone (perhaps excluding lunatics ); (b) the cultural values of Radio 2.5; (c) a kind of contempt - no other word comes to mind - for the listener as invdividual; (d) appalling lack of taste.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                Mr McKinney this morning said that 'unless you've been living on the moon' you would know that the Oscars are tonight. This awful cliche suggests in one short phrase: (a) an assumption by said Mr M that the Oscars are meaningful to and valued by everyone (perhaps excluding lunatics ); (b) the cultural values of Radio 2.5; (c) a kind of contempt - no other word comes to mind - for the listener as invdividual; (d) appalling lack of taste.
                Well argued, kernel. I had seen something about the Oscars on the news website, but as neither the event nor the films were of any interest I pitched my tent on the moon

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                  • Jan 2011

Well argued, kernel. I had seen something about the Oscars on the news website, but as neither the event nor the films were of any interest I pitched my tent on the moon
                  FF

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Spot on.

Comment

• muzzer
                      • Nov 2013

Sounds like TTN to me. And I agree.

Comment

• James Wonnacott
                        • Nov 2010

"The Oscars are tonight" doesn't make sense anyway.
                        If the moon really is celebrity-free I'd love it there.
                        I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by James Wonnacott View Post
                          "The Oscars are tonight" doesn't make sense anyway.
                          If the moon really is celebrity-free I'd love it there.
                          Even l would have to admit that the morning after Breakfast was spoilt by massive over emphasis on this IMVVHO Non Event......

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                            • Jan 2011

SM-P on In Tune tonight - what is going on?

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                              SM-P on In Tune tonight - what is going on?
                              What about SM-P on In Tune tonight? I ask because, as with Breakfast, I do not listen to the programme.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                                What about SM-P on In Tune tonight? I ask because, as with Breakfast, I do not listen to the programme.
                                Well, for those of us who do (listen to both) it was quite a nice surprise - that's all really. I presume SK was indisposed.

Comment

Working...
                                X