X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James Wonnacott
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    Given all that's said about current education and classical music, there is a very skilful balancing act needed between making the subject interesting to those who DO know about classical music and not too heavy for those who don't (and also bearing in mind the time of day). But in recent years, very little attention has been paid to those who do have some knowledge: the programme has been firmly targeted on those who don't. It's THEIR programme. That has been both the mistake and the unfairness of the policy. The early morning is a key listening time for all audiences, not just the newcomers. Breakfast shouldn't be an emetic.
    I find this interesting as I have probably less musical knowledge than most and no formal musical education yet I'm probably one of the most vociferous critics of the presentation style.
    I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Penn Igor View Post
      Well, the signs aren't good so far, are they. This morning, the Warsaw Concerto on Breakfast. And the musak from the St. Trinians film on EC.
      Ah, Addinsell and Arnold. Two first rate composers of music for film accompaniment. Sorry to have missed the latter particularly.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by James Wonnacott View Post
        I find this interesting as I have probably less musical knowledge than most and no formal musical education yet I'm probably one of the most vociferous critics of the presentation style.
        How unfortunate for you. Radio 3 presenters, of course, must ever be ready to suffer fools gladly.

Comment

• HARRIET HAVARD

[QUOTE=Bryn;461910]Ah, Addinsell and Arnold. Two first rate composers of music for film accompaniment. Sorry to have missed the latter particularly.[/QUO

Um! Sounds as though you have either a severe case of Classicfmititus...or maybe you have stopped taking your medication again?

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Penn Igor View Post
            Well, the signs aren't good so far, are they.
            What signs?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Black Swan

I have to say, I am not in favour of their championing the Hurdy Gurdy...... They seem to think everyone out in their listening group are starving for music played on the Hurdy Gurdy.

NO THANK, YOU, at least from me.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Black Swan View Post
                I have to say, I am not in favour of their championing the Hurdy Gurdy...... They seem to think everyone out in their listening group are starving for music played on the Hurdy Gurdy.

NO THANK, YOU, at least from me.
                Disagree - I quite like it (in moderation). I'm sure it's just a passing phase. It'll probably be caledonian bagpipes next *

*Northumbrian pipes are, of course, perfectly acceptable!

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                  • Apr 2011

[QUOTE=HARRIET HAVARD;461951]
                  Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  Ah, Addinsell and Arnold. Two first rate composers of music for film accompaniment. Sorry to have missed the latter particularly.[/QUO

Um! Sounds as though you have either a severe case of Classicfmititus...or maybe you have stopped taking your medication again?
                  Offensive, as ever.

Comment

• James Wonnacott
                    • Nov 2010

Today's presenter sounds as if she's half asleep.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by James Wonnacott View Post
                      Today's presenter sounds as if she's half asleep.
                      They do have to get up ferociously early for Breakfast
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• James Wonnacott
                        • Nov 2010

As someone who gets up every weekday at 4.45, I'll reserve judgement!

Comment

• James Wonnacott
                          • Nov 2010

Oh no! A new "feature" music for mornings

Comment

• muzzer
                            • Nov 2013

"Music for Dark Mornings" ??

FWIW I think VM is a good presenter. Vast improvement on last week's guy. She's got a really good radio voice. They should ditch "Your Call". I've never not cringed.

Comment

• Black Swan

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
                              "Music for Dark Mornings" ??

FWIW I think VM is a good presenter. Vast improvement on last week's guy. She's got a really good radio voice. They should ditch "Your Call". I've never not cringed.
                              I agree with muzzer. I don't mind VM and she is an immense improvement over last weekend's presenter. AS for the Music for Dark Mornings, unless I am wrong this is a carry over from Petrarc's programs of last week and possibly CB-H the week before.

Breakfast now tends to love the music theme to get the audience involved or for me, turned off.
                              Last edited by Guest; 17-01-15, 17:04.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Black Swan View Post
                                I agree with muzzer. I don't mind VM and she is an immense improvement over last weekend's presenter. AS for the Music for Dark Mornings, unless I am wrong this is a carry over from Petrarc's programs of last week and possibly SMP the week before.

Breakfast now tends to love the music theme to get the audience involved or for me, turned off.
                                Do keep up at the back, it's been CB-H for ages!

Comment

Working...
                                X