X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Best of British Playlist - did my ears deceive me, or did Petroc ask people what they Reckoned. If so -

Yes, Works that you as a listener to Radio 3 Breakfast Reckon are worthy of the title 'great' ... go, Petroc!

Radio 3 Breakfast page calls today Thurday - what did they mean by that?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Best of British Playlist - did my ears deceive me, or did Petroc ask people what they Reckoned. If so -

Yes, Works that you as a listener to Radio 3 Breakfast Reckon are worthy of the title 'great' ... go, Petroc!

Radio 3 Breakfast page calls today Thurday - what did they mean by that?
      Sly dog, that Petroc!

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
        Sly dog, that Petroc!
        I wondered, how I wondered ...
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
          • Apr 2011

I wondered, how I wondered ...
          I don't know for certain, but your educated guess seems very credible.

Comment

• mercia
            • Nov 2010

another appearance by J.S. Strauss this morning with a piece entitled "The"
            Presented by Petroc Trelawny. With the Best of British Playlist, requests and Ten Pieces.

shall I add it to my playlister ?

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              another appearance by J.S. Strauss this morning with a piece entitled "The"
              Presented by Petroc Trelawny. With the Best of British Playlist, requests and Ten Pieces.

shall I add it to my playlister ?
              You may send it mad!

I filled in a survey a few days back and suggested they really should have a revise sub given the number of mistakes in the playlists.

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
                • Nov 2010

The one thing they could copy CFM on and won't is the playlists, whatever software CFM use is vastly superior, the R3 one is just about the most appalling pieces of trash ever devised, any Controller with even a fraction of an ounce of pride in their station's presentation would have ditched it straightaway.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                  I managed about twelve minutes of Breakfast today; of which the best seven were the music by Grillo (new to me).
                  Not to me Kernel: "El grillo, el grillo e buon cantore" I seem to recall!
                  I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Why does it have to be a capital? Let me tell you (courtesy Wikipedia), "... a detachment of the Dundry Home Guard had a draughty corrugated-iron look-out shed on the top of the tumulus [of nearby Maes Knoll]." Trump that with your Alnwick, if you can!
                    Another plug for an Alnwick concert this morning eat your heart out Norton Malreward...........

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                      Another plug for an Alnwick concert this morning eat your heart out Norton Malreward...........
                      Meh - there was one for Poynton, Cheshire, as well which might have been Pointon, Lincolnshire, for all I knew (and I didn't know where either of them were. Or that there were two of them). But, really, these are just commercials. People with something to sell being given some publicity.

Johann Sebastian Strauss to begin with.
                      1st movement of the Moonlight Sonata
                      Brahms Hungarian Dance
                      Pachelbel's Canon and Gigue
                      'Nother Brahms Hungarian Dance
                      I have a Song to Sing, o!

But - eat your heart out yourself - someone I know in Bristol had his name read out, asking for the Graham Fitkin piece.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Game set and match to the South West.........

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                          Game set and match to the South West.........
                          Yes, I think so. Mind you, when I next see him, I shall have WORDS.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Meh - there was one for Poynton, Cheshire, as well which might have been Pointon, Lincolnshire, for all I knew (and I didn't know where either of them were. Or that there were two of them).
                            Poynton Cheshire was the home of my primary school teacher who had sung in the famous Manchester Children's Choir recording of Nymphs and Shepherds. I remember the day she played it to us, when I was 6 years old. Who needed Ten Pieces when we had a teacher who inspired us like that?

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              Poynton Cheshire was the home of my primary school teacher who had sung in the famous Manchester Children's Choir recording of Nymphs and Shepherds. I remember the day she played it to us, when I was 6 years old. Who needed Ten Pieces when we had a teacher who inspired us like that?
                              Also featured in the Bakeoff Final!

Now it's Farewell to Hollywood!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                                Bakeoff!
                                No need for that kind of language on these boards, Cloughie!
                                Last edited by Old Grumpy; 09-10-14, 09:35. Reason: Correction of attribution

Comment

Working...
                                X