• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
    Sky News has all sorts of people reviewing the papers. Good luck to PT, I can't see Breakfast as a long-term gig for him, personally. On the subject of dead-panning, I thought the way last week he related the discussion about whether or not to keep Bach Before 7 was quite telling.
    I think Breakfast is a reprise of the morning duty for him. He was also on Mo3, if not On Air. But, if memory serves, his background was in general arts journalism, and my own opinion is that he was very good at 'journalistic' interviews.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Radio64
      • Jan 2014

Ironically I was just sort of getting used to Petroc at brekky.

Petroc-fast.

I think he should stay though, alternating with you-know-who The Unmentionable Female Presenter.
      Last edited by Radio64; 22-05-14, 10:26.
      "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• Sir Velo
        • Oct 2012

On the subject of dead-panning, I thought the way last week he related the discussion about whether or not to keep Bach Before 7 was quite telling.
        Much as I admire JSB, I can imagine that hearing a piece of his every day at the same time for months, might begin to pall...

Comment

• Sir Velo
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
          Ironically I was just sort of getting used to Petroc at brekky.

Petroc-fast.

I think he should stay though, alternating with you-know-who The Unmentionable Female Presenter.
          I think that unlikely, if for no other reason that that way, they'll never see each other. Having said that, maybe that's the key to perpetuating a long term relationship.

Comment

• muzzer
            • Nov 2013

I wasn't suggesting he's off btw. That's how rumours start. He's great on Breakfast. I thought it odd however that he almost painstakingly related the discussion about BB7, as if somehow involving the listener in that debate was, well, dull.

Comment

• Radio64
              • Jan 2014

I wasn't suggesting he's off btw. That's how rumours start. He's great on Breakfast. I thought it odd however that he almost painstakingly related the discussion about BB7, as if somehow involving the listener in that debate was, well, dull.
              Maybe BB7 was, erm, someone else's idea and he's not too keen on it.

Someone else who is, temporarily, away.

But will return.
              "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                Much as I admire JSB, I can imagine that hearing a piece of his every day at the same time for months, might begin to pall...
                A gimmick idea to urge people to tweet in. Why does it have to be before 7am anyway? All these ideas go on until they think of a new one. I don't believe that there is any great 'appetite' for listeners to contact the station, but if the station puts an idea into their heads, they'll oblige. It helps the performance statistics.

I don't think it's consistent to say that people are too busy rushing around in the mornings to want to listen to any extended piece of music, yet they're dying to stop what they're doing and text, tweet, email all their requests. And then presumably listen carefully to see if they're mentioned ...
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  I think Breakfast is a reprise of the morning duty for him. He was also on Mo3, if not On Air. But, if memory serves, his background was in general arts journalism, and my own opinion is that he was very good at 'journalistic' interviews.
                  Still very good on Music Matters, I'd say.

Comment

• mercia
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                    they have previously done complete surveys of 'The 48' and also the cantatas at a specific time each morning (or perhaps that is what you were referring to)

Comment

• muzzer
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
                      Maybe BB7 was, erm, someone else's idea and he's not too keen on it.

Someone else who is, temporarily, away.

But will return.
                      That's more like it.

Comment

• mercia
                        • Nov 2010

for those still pining after Clem [not long to go now], here she is in conversation with John Eliot at Hay

Comment

• MLF

I confess, I do not await her return with relish - have been very happy with the arrangements since Christmas (IS in particular).

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                            for those still pining after Clem [not long to go now], here she is in conversation with John Eliot at Hay
                            http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...eliot-gardiner
                            Mercs are you counting the seconds......

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Mr Skelly is good at the impish chat; i particularly enjoyed the frisson of his definitions of musical terms on the morning of the GCSE Music examinations .... i wonder if he twitted HRH quite as much as the pupils on the subject of harmony ....
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MLF View Post
                                I confess, I do not await her return with relish - have been very happy with the arrangements since Christmas (IS in particular).
                                In spite of my initial misgivings, I now consider iS to be the best of the bunch. But the format is the same, whichever unimportant presenter is on air.

Comment

Working...
                                X