X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
    Back to calling herself Clemency? (lunchtime today)
    She's a mum now. More grown up.
    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
      What might have an impact would be if radio critics like Gillian Reynolds and music critics/musicologists like Richard Osborne spoke out
      Gillian Reynolds has done: Yet more witless wittering on Radio 3 but Richard Osborne is reported as having praised the 'refreshed' Breakfast programme some while back. I don't know what he thinks now.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Sir Velo
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Gillian Reynolds has done: Yet more witless wittering on Radio 3
        Intelligent review, except she repeats the old canard: "Wright can plead he is obeying orders from the BBC Trust to reach new audiences by making Radio 3 less formal."

Er, what orders would they be Gillian? Amazing how if you repeat a lie often enough, even intelligent people start to believe you.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
          Intelligent review, except she repeats the old canard: "Wright can plead he is obeying orders from the BBC Trust to reach new audiences by making Radio 3 less formal."
          All the reader comments below seem to have been removed, but I did at the time point out that the Trust themselves said that the proposals (to continue being more 'accessible and welcoming') were submitted to them by Radio 3. All they did was say: Jolly good - carry on, then. Radio 3 pushes the line that 'It's not our fault - the Trust's making us do it.'

Here's an excerpt from the last SOPP:

"Controller’s vision for the service in 2013/2014

Radio 3 is the home of classical music on the BBC. It will continue to concentrate on its unique programming of music and the arts, exploring new ways of engaging audiences and forming a closer relationship with our listeners by providing opportunities for them to communicate more effectively with the station. "

Our friendly presenters are waiting to receive your tweets, texts and emails. Phone in your requests. Have a go at the Brainteaser.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Honoured Guest

The Southbank Centre residency was one of the new ways, wasn't it? People could meet presentation and production staff, couldn't they?

I used to revere Gillian Reynolds, forty years ago, but now she's past it.

Comment

• Padraig
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Honoured Guest View Post
              I used to revere Gillian Reynolds, forty years ago, but now she's past it.
              Surely the word(s) after "but now" should be "I'm".

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Honoured Guest View Post
                The Southbank Centre residency was one of the new ways, wasn't it? People could meet presentation and production staff, couldn't they?
                So when's the 'Hall for Cornwall' residency, Mr Hg Man?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Don't be silly, Cloughie. Nowhere outside London really exists. Not even Salford.

Comment

• Wallace

Well I enjoy Radio 3's output while driving to work each morning!

Recordings of Through the Night are loaded onto my MP3 player which then plugs into the CD player. Words cannot describe how bad most of the output is throughout the day. If the rot ever reaches TTN I will be........well I will be doing something I am sure. Possibly complaining and getting rather upset.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Wallace View Post
                      Well I enjoy Radio 3's output while driving to work each morning!

Recordings of Through the Night are loaded onto my MP3 player which then plugs into the CD player. Words cannot describe how bad most of the output is throughout the day. If the rot ever reaches TTN I will be........well I will be doing something I am sure. Possibly complaining and getting rather upset.
                      Then it will be TTFN?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Tfittn

Comment

• Wallace

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                          Then it will be TTFN?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
                            She's a mum now. More grown up.
                            I shall hold back from making any comment on this post.

Comment

• Radio64
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              I shall hold back from making any comment on this post.
                              "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• James Wonnacott
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                                No, please, we don't want them down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

Working...
                                X