Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

..and Clemmy is tweeting again! .. preparing for her return, no doubt.

Happy Easter!
    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
      ..and Clemmy is tweeting again! .. preparing for her return, no doubt.

Happy Easter!
      just checking.....but you are in Italy, right?
      In springtime?

a country of beautiful scenery, of great food and wine, wonderful culture, where opera and the beautiful game vie for the nations attention? The country of style, of love, of history, where the best of everything is there for the asking?

and you are waiting for cbh to tear herself away from nappy duty to tweet?

Blimey. !!

Perhaps its a slow day after mass is done....
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Frances_iom
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        ..and you are waiting for cbh to tear herself away from nappy duty to tweet?
        maybe his tribute to the Bard - At first the infant, Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms. And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel And shining morning face, creeping like snail Unwillingly to school. And then the lover, Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad Made to his mistress' eyebrow ...

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

All this stuff about one of the presenters is rather pointless.

Comment

• Radio64
            • Jan 2014

just checking.....but you are in Italy, right?
            In springtime?

a country of beautiful scenery, of great food and wine, wonderful culture, where opera and the beautiful game vie for the nations attention? The country of style, of love, of history, where the best of everything is there for the asking?

and you are waiting for cbh to tear herself away from nappy duty to tweet?

Blimey. !!

Perhaps its a slow day after mass is done....

Good point. It's all true, except for the "beautiful game" . .and I'm no opera fan. In fact it's rather sad of me to ogle after, nay, cyber-stalk posh Englishe blondes but there ya go ..

Time for a macchiato .. Mornin all!

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
            All this stuff about one of the presenters is rather pointless.
            'tis all in jest.

Comment

• Don Petter

'tis all in jest.

Food is all you think of?

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                I expect Squire Treyawney enhances their reputation too, wherever he goes
                The 'Cornwall One' freed from Zimbabwe but will he be true to his roots and be dancing in the streets of Helston come May 8?

Comment

• Radio64
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                  Food is all you think of?
                  Tee-hee! took me a while that one ....

..and very cheeky of Clemmy to pop up on the Lunchtime Concert today though!

ooh you are naughty ...

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Tee-hee! took me a while that one ....

..and very cheeky of Clemmy to pop up on the Lunchtime Concert today though!

ooh you are naughty ...
                    No offence Rads.but you need to watch the footy, followed by a cold shower, and get your mind off gurlz.

Perhapz some Shostakovich might help ?

(I thought you were a chelsea fan?)
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Radio64
                      • Jan 2014

No offence Rads.but you need to watch the footy, followed by a cold shower, and get your mind off gurlz.

Perhapz some Shostakovich might help ?

(I thought you were a chelsea fan?)
                      Sadly (or perhaps luckily) no non-paying TV channel is showing the game over here so I'm content to follow the Gruniad's live page thing while listening to Clemmy's delightful programme (nice bit of Rimsky-K in the middle section) whilst reading up on international political theory.

Multi-tasking? Moi?

0-0 so far.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                        • May 2011

I am listening to Breakfast for the first time. I am aghast (first time I've probably used that word, ever). Before the news - which comes every 25 seconds, or so it seems - we had snippets of three very well known pieces we'll hear after the news...

I have the deepest empathy with almost everyone who's posted on this thread. And as I have Asperger's, empathy really doesn't come naturally to me. (why isn't there a vomiting emoticon?)

Comment

• aeolium
                          • Nov 2010

But isn't the surprising thing about this thread the fact that people keep posting about their disgust with the programme, Pabmusic? It's as if people were queuing up to be broken on the wheel, or volunteering to spend time in a Dantean circle of hell. I haven't listened to the programme for several years now but I keep revisiting the thread to see the same kinds of apoplectic comments (sometimes by the same people!) What's going on?

Comment

• Sir Velo
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                            But isn't the surprising thing about this thread the fact that people keep posting about their disgust with the programme, Pabmusic? It's as if people were queuing up to be broken on the wheel, or volunteering to spend time in a Dantean circle of hell. I haven't listened to the programme for several years now but I keep revisiting the thread to see the same kinds of apoplectic comments (sometimes by the same people!) What's going on?
                            Fair point, but equally one has a right to be disappointed by the offering. I very rarely tune in, either, but occasionally it is easier to stick the radio on rather than the CD or iplayer, or MP3 (in the car; kitchen etc). The point is, if one doesn't complain, it will absolutely never get better; and then you give R3 management the perfect opportunity to say "Look, we never get complaints! Our audience loves us!"

Comment

• Pabmusic
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                              Yes, I agree. I listened 'by accident' as I was testing a recording device. I shan't listen again and you won't see me back here.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                                Yes, I agree. I listened 'by accident' as I was testing a recording device. I shan't listen again and you won't see me back here.
                                Shame. I rather enjoyed your outburst of vitriol. Wasn't Aristotle's view that it's good to purge such emotions?
                                It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                                X