Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
      And thrice Huzzah!
      Does he play much HIPP HIPP?

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MLF View Post
        Mr Skelly is on Breakfast all this coming week.
        Just as well: the minders seemed to be off duty this morning:

"Intro: Now, recorded live at the 2011 Lugano festival, here's Schumann's Fantasiestücke.

Back announced: You heard Gautier Capuçon and Martha Argerich uh ... and ... was the violinist."

Hmmm, so who was playing the cello and the piano? (And an agaric is a type of toadstool/mushroom, isn't it?)
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• arancie33
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Just as well: the minders seemed to be off duty this morning:
          They certainly were. André Previn was announced as being 85 today then a few minutes later was magically rejuvenated to being a mere stripling of 80.

Very slightly off topic, have currently got radio tuned to Cfm and am enjoying Charlotte Green's programme. It gives In Tune better than a good run for its money and is elegantly presented too!
          Last edited by arancie33; 06-04-14, 16:46. Reason: Minor typo

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

And thrice Huzzah!
            Heard the Great Man from 06.30 to 07.00 today - in fine form having fun with Draw A Bird Day and claiming to have set the Twittersphere buzzing

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by arancie33 View Post
              They certainly were. André Previn was announced as being 85 today then a few minutes later was magically rejuvenated to being a mere stripling of 80.

Very slightly off topic, have currently got radio tuned to Cfm and am enjoying Charlotte Green's programme. It gives In Tune better than a good run for its money and is elegantly presented too!
              85 is the new 80.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                85 is the new 80.
                Try explaining that to Hampshire Constabulary when the nice Officer invites you to join him on the hard shoulder of the M3 ...

"...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  Try explaining that to Hampshire Constabulary when the nice Officer invites you to join him on the hard shoulder of the M3 ...

Working on german rules, I was, guv (all the same in yerp, surely)....and in KPH to boot !!

Anyway, I am working on a sensible question about Schumann piano music, so stop distracting me please !!
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Heard the Great Man from 06.30 to 07.00 today - in fine form having fun with Draw A Bird Day and claiming to have set the Twittersphere buzzing
                    I suspect IS is not particularly keen on Twitter, judging by some of his remarks.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

I suspect IS is not particularly keen on Twitter, judging by some of his remarks.
                      Do you think he is Ed Reardon?
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        Do you think he is Ed Reardon?

No there is only one IS..........

Comment

• mercia
                          • Nov 2010

a bit of Malcolm confusion this morning - was the Walton Henry 5 in a Sargent or Arnold arrangement ?

very comforting to find that no matter who the presenter is, all the breakfast essentials remain in place - tweet, text, email, so-called phone-in, requests, trailers, news updates ..... and Parry's I Was Glad

Comment

• muzzer
                            • Nov 2013

I can't help feeling that IS has been given the hospital pass of "Draw A Bird Day" (of which, if I may observe, FFS?) so as to detract from his performance and generally try his patience. Thereby ruling him out as a long-term breakfast presenter and clearing the way for someone a bit more regional. Call me cynical...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
                              I can't help feeling that IS has been given the hospital pass of "Draw A Bird Day" (of which, if I may observe, FFS?) so as to detract from his performance and generally try his patience. Thereby ruling him out as a long-term breakfast presenter and clearing the way for someone a bit more regional. Call me cynical...
                              Heard him on the programme for the first time today, he seemed to be dealing well and with the faintest dose of irony with the flummery (e.g. commenting on best tweet of the morning " 'My dog likes Ian Skelly, I don't' - ...one of you has excellent taste..."
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
                                No, I'll just call you prejudiced.

Comment

Working...
                                X