Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suffolkcoastal
    • Nov 2010

Well we reached another low this morning, talk about warhorse regurgitation overkill, we had Danse Macabre at around 8.15am and yet again at about 9.45am!!! Another example of R3 Current Programme planning at its most inspired. ('bangs his head repeatedly a la Basil Fawlty').

Comment

• Zucchini
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
      Well we reached another low this morning, talk about warhorse regurgitation overkill, we had Danse Macabre at around 8.15am and yet again at about 9.45am!!! Another example of R3 Current Programme planning at its most inspired. ('bangs his head repeatedly a la Basil Fawlty').
      On average people listen for not much more than 30 mins and at about the same time. So that was perfectly acceptable scheduling. For the same reason, a while ago SMP transmitted (I think) sections of a Bach cantata at about 7.15am for 3 consecutive days -aiming to reach the same audience.

What's Dance Macabre anyway? Haven't heard it.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
        It's the theme music to "Jonathan Creek"

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
            ... not only that : we had the Trout quintet at about 04:55 on Music thro' the Night. And we had the Trout quintet (one movement of, natch) at about 06:40 on Breakfast...

Comment

• Resurrection Man

On average people listen for not much more than 30 mins.....
              Can you give the reference to this, please?

Can't be me...I hardly ever listen now to R3! Not had it on all day so far.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                I was mesmerized by the number of times SM-P repeated the word 'Baroque' today. I couldn't listen to the music, I counted 15 repetitions of the 'b' word before switching off.

I think I'll go back to bed. Bestio everyone.

If you are now arisen Lady Sidcup I thought that as your bean counter or should I say baroque counter I would do today's figures for you as I had a drive with Breakfast this morning.......

06.30 - 06.45. 2
                06.46 - 07.00. 0
                07.00 - 07.15. 1
                07.16 - 07.30. 0
                07.31 - 07.45. 0

At which point I sadly had to go and earn a dishonest shilling.

As ever should you require further analysis your wish.......

Comment

• Sir Velo
                  • Oct 2012

Obviously, you are the target audience for Breakfast.

Comment

• Black Swan

Truly, a dire morning, I shut off when we had yet another airing of the Warsaw Concerto......

I just keep thinking of a tshirt from the 70's when I was growing up in US that had 3 gophers on it dressed in powdered wigs and holding musical instruments with the caption:

Gopher Baroque of course in the states it would have been pronounced Gopher Baroke a play on go for broke.

I'm sure R3 presenters would love them.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

On average people listen for not much more than 30 mins and at about the same time. So that was perfectly acceptable scheduling. For the same reason, a while ago SMP transmitted (I think) sections of a Bach cantata at about 7.15am for 3 consecutive days -aiming to reach the same audience.

perhaps people don't listen on average for more than 30 minutes because of the programming?

Its really very hard for most people to get a job at the BBC. You might expect them to be able to employ people capable of running schedule that doesn't involve playing the same work twice within a few hours.
                      But then again that isn't the agenda, is it?
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Black Swan View Post
                        Truly, a dire morning, I shut off when we had yet another airing of the Warsaw Concerto......
                        Just caught the closing bars as I set off for work and then heard the presenter call it spine tingling (or something similar) !!!
                        That's when I switched to a cd.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                          06.30 - 06.45. 2
                          06.46 - 07.00. 0
                          07.00 - 07.15. 1
                          07.16 - 07.30. 0
                          07.31 - 07.45. 0
                          SMP must have been reprimanded for her low Baroque count yesterday - she used the word a staggering four times in under a minute between 0745-6 this am (I was on my way to Tesco, I shop early on Fridays to avoid the trolley rage later).

Comment

• Flosshilde
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                            What (or where) is 'Jonathan Creek'?

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                              What (or where) is 'Jonathan Creek'?
                              I think you'll find it in this list. Danse macabre was No. 100 in the Classic FM Hall of Fame in 2012, lowest since 2007 according to the website.
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Frances_iom
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                I think you'll find it in this list. Danse macabre was No. 100 in the Classic FM Hall of Fame in 2012, lowest since 2007 according to the website.
                                did I hear correctly in the brief period pre 7.30am news that R3 has adopted another CFm warhorse for next week - Pachelbel's canon - guess it's highly appropriate as junk horseflesh is cheaper than the real beef and as the BBC now seems to be aiming at the R2 market whom I presume can't tell the difference.
                                Re the presenter's thread - I'm surprised that so many actually listen to the chat shows - tho I'd miss a few bits, R3 in its present format is just a waste of the broadcast spectrum
                                Last edited by Frances_iom; 08-03-13, 14:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X