• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

Hurrah!
    ... I certainly have hopes : but sadly have learned always to be sceptical of what is promised and hoped for.
    The photo in # 10823 looks far too chirpy - I fear she may be one of those who have been instructed to speak 'with a smile in their voice' ...

But for the moment I am putting my cynicism to one side, and look forward to trying it out. Nothing could be worse than ...

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... I certainly have hopes : but sadly have learned always to be sceptical of what is promised and hoped for.
      The photo in # 10823 looks far too chirpy - I fear she may be one of those who have been instructed to speak 'with a smile in their voice' ...

But for the moment I am putting my cynicism to one side, and look forward to trying it out. Nothing could be worse than ...

Same here!

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Same here!
        In principle. Sadly R3 as a source of purely musical interest/satisfaction is a thing of the past for me. I did listen to Prom 42 last night, but only to the first half . Too many other things to do nowadays.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

I will hope but not expect...
          Within reason chirpy on a Saturday I can cope with - it's Sunday Breakfast chirpiness that irritates.

Comment

• hmvman
            • Mar 2007

Might give it a try after years of avoiding Saturday Breakfast. I used to love Radio 3 on Saturdays (going back 15 or so years) but now I find them a desert apart from Record Review but which is now at an inconvenient time.

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
              Might give it a try after years of avoiding Saturday Breakfast. I used to love Radio 3 on Saturdays (going back 15 or so years) but now I find them a desert apart from Record Review but which is now at an inconvenient time.
              I must say I found Kate Molleson to be a fine 'stand-in' for Petroc while he's been up in Leeds.

Comment

• hmvman
                • Mar 2007

I must say I found Kate Molleson to be a fine 'stand-in' for Petroc while he's been up in Leeds.
                I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Ms Molleson.

Comment

Working...
                X