X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Nice place you have there L . Bit showy using it as an avatar IMO , but if you have it, flaunt it, I suppose .
    I used to work in a poky little office on the top floor in the early 1970s. It's the former residence of the only British Prime Minister to be assassinated.
    To the best of my knowledge and belief, none of the previous occupants of our own somewhat humbler abode suffered a similar fate.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Kate ...... this could change the referendum result ......

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Lizzie’s usual mixture of OK and dire this morning - I quite like Jacques Brel but that thing this morning was awful - tuneless and far too shouty for a morning wake-up - she’s really not switched on to what is appropriate!

Comment

• kernelbogey
          • Nov 2010

James Weeks: Durham - some uncomplimentary remarks about this reported by Martin this morning. From the little I heard of it I can't disagree with 'paucity of wit and creativity'.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
            James Weeks: Durham - some uncomplimentary remarks about this reported by Martin this morning. From the little I heard of it I can't disagree with 'paucity of wit and creativity'.

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

Hooray - Martin on duty next weekend on Saturday and Sunday.
              (Though, inexplicably, advertised by Petroc's photo in the schedule!)

Comment

• kernelbogey
                • Nov 2010

Also today's broadcast:
                Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

at 41.00 minutes

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Also today's broadcast:
                  Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

at 41.00 minutes
                  Yes, I listened but not long enough to catch the negative comments. Sounded to me like an attempt to emulate two recognisable aspects of Skempton's music, the apparent simplicity and the timbral interactions of the decays* of piano strings. Sorry, James, I feel both were rather unsubtle reflections.

* Skempton often cites Feldman and Webern as two of his major influences.
                  Last edited by Bryn; 13-06-21, 11:21. Reason: Typo

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Hooray - Martin on duty next weekend on Saturday and Sunday.
                    (Though, inexplicably, advertised by Petroc's photo in the schedule!)
                    Indeed - but weird that Betty said “ … see you next Saturday .. “ at the end of her slot ….. probably the wacky baccy …….

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                      Indeed - but weird that Betty said “ … see you next Saturday .. “ at the end of her slot ….. probably the wacky baccy …….
                      The schedule for Saturday 26th says Ms Alker is hosting the show, but once again it's Petroc who's pictured!

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                        The schedule for Saturday 26th says Ms Alker is hosting the show, but once again it's Petroc who's pictured!
                        All excellent stuff - thinking on Lord Stockton has probably done a Skellers on her and she’s now Happy Harmonies with an an announcement to follow …..

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                          All excellent stuff - thinking on Lord Stockton has probably done a Skellers on her and she’s now Happy Harmonies with an an announcement to follow …..
                          In the post with which you started this thread - which, if memory serves, was the first, or certainly one of the first, which I read when I joined the Forum - you were pretty positive about 'Breakfast'. I agreed with your view as expressed at that time and still do, except that I now listen Sunday to Friday only.

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

I see Sean W Keaveny is leaving 6Music in Sept. I think his 13.00-16.00 slot would suit Ms Alker perfectly.
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• LMcD
                              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                              I see Sean W Keaveny is leaving 6Music in Sept. I think his 13.00-16.00 slot would suit Ms Alker perfectly.
                              Perhaps they'll transfer his show to Radio 3 and get one of the Saturday morning crew to 'curate' it, ideally timed as it would be for young night owls who will probably be just about ready to face the rigours of the day.

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                                In the post with which you started this thread - which, if memory serves, was the first, or certainly one of the first, which I read when I joined the Forum - you were pretty positive about 'Breakfast'. I agreed with your view as expressed at that time and still do, except that I now listen Sunday to Friday only.

Indeed not a unique listening regime hereabouts ………

Comment

Working...
                                X