Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

To interact with the "people at the top" why doesn't someone act as a shill of FoR3 and ring in on the new phone in, asking for a piece never before heard or unlikely ever to be heard on Breakfast and see how far they get? I have listened today since 07.00 and have been on holiday with Nielsen, pondered the demise of the dictionary and have to say I have enjoyed it.

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      To interact with the "people at the top" why doesn't someone act as a shill of FoR3
      That would be interacting with people at the bottom.

and ring in on the new phone in, asking for a piece never before heard or unlikely ever to be heard on Breakfast and see how far they get?
      Erm, erm ...

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Alternatively, everybody could ring in and ask for the same recording of the same, preferably short, piece. This might then encourage the producer(s) to organize the rest of the programme themselves, rather than relying on the listeners to do it for them.

Comment

• mercia
          • Nov 2010

you have the wrong number

great film

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Having now given up on Breakfast, I dip into this thread every now and then out of curiosity and thank those who have persisted with it for the ongoing progress reports. I am not encouraged to return.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Same here - although I do listen for about an hour on Sunday mornings (when 'Today' has a rest).

Comment

• barber olly

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                Alternatively, everybody could ring in and ask for the same recording of the same, preferably short, piece. This might then encourage the producer(s) to organize the rest of the programme themselves, rather than relying on the listeners to do it for them.
                Or everybody requesting Mahler 3 - insisting on the whole work being played. That should keep SMP quiet for 96 minutes or so.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

I Don't Want Any More Peach!

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    just about to turn on Breakfast and I see from the playlist there's another blinking Schubert Impromptu coming up

I wonder if the resident statistician could tell me how many times Schubert Impromptus have been played so far this year?
                    36 times so far this year Mercia, roughly on a par with last year, but it does tend largely to be the B flat, G flat or F minor ones that are played. That Widor Toccata was only its 10th appearence.

Comment

• mercia
                      • Nov 2010

36 times so far this year Mercia, roughly on a par with last year
                      thanks SC, I knew you'd know. surely there's some other Schubert they could play for a change. (rhetorical question)

Comment

• old khayyam

08:03 - Is that the theme from 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark'? It'll be the 'A-Team' before the year is out.

I'll try again around elevenses..

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Wonderful - post on this aged thread and you could be in the Telewag! I knew Mercia before he was famous!

Comment

• mercia
                            • Nov 2010

in the Telewag!
                            eh, what !!??

Comment

• Anna

ShB started a thread about it (see his very good reply on it)

Comment

• mercia
                                • Nov 2010

oh dear that'll teach me

Comment

Working...
                                X