Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Coming soon on alternate Saturday mornings from 0500 to 0900 - 'Smooth Classics with R3FM' and ' Tracks To Help You Relax'.
    Any similarity to other national radio stations entirely coincidental, of course.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Mondays and Fridays home-working?

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        They ring the changes every day

17-23 May
        Kate's: classical commute; classical picks; classical commute; classical alternative; classical rise and shine
        10-16 May
        Petroc's: classical rise and shine; classical picks; classical commute; classical alternative; classical mix
        3-9 May:
        Hannah's: classical rise and shine; classical mix; classical alternative; classical alarm call; classical commute
        26 April-2 May
        Petroc's classical alarm call; classical picks; classical alarm call; classical commute; classical rise and shine

and so on … Such inventiveness. Why not just: "Radio 3's classical breakfast programme", with Petroc Trelawny, Kate Molleson, Hannah French?

They think they fool listeners with all this variety - and they're right, apparently.
        Ah I hadn't realised - I have little need to look at the schedules before 12 unless I want to check a particular item/performer and have missed the presenter info - in which case I'm not looking at the header anyway.
        I suppose they have to include "classical" in there somewhere, however tenuous a claim it may seem at times, but "R3 Breakfast programme with ..." would be much more sensible and accurate; perhaps that's why they don't do it.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
          Ah I hadn't realised - I have little need to look at the schedules before 12 unless I want to check a particular item/performer and have missed the presenter info - in which case I'm not looking at the header anyway.
          I suppose they have to include "classical" in there somewhere, however tenuous a claim it may seem at times, but "R3 Breakfast programme with ..." would be much more sensible and accurate; perhaps that's why they don't do it.
          I suppose if they’d mentioned Delia’s Satellite Dishes they’d think it was a cookery programme!

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            I suppose if they’d mentioned Delia’s Satellite Dishes they’d think it was a cookery programme!
            Well some of the sounds could have been from a kitchen!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              As for what to call the weekday and Sunday 0630/0700-0900 slot, I'd be perfectly happy with 'The (Radio 3) Breakfast Programme with [name of presenter].' (They can call the Saturday edition whatever they like).
              Personally, I wish they'd drop the 'Tony Blackburn Show' habit of inflating the importance of presenters.

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                Personally, I wish they'd drop the 'Tony Blackburn Show' habit of inflating the importance of presenters.
                I'm currently listening to 'Sounds Of the Sixties with Tony Blackburn' which, whatever you might think of the content or presenter, is at least an honest title!

Comment

• muzzer
                  • Nov 2013

I wonder if the students renting the house across the road from me who’ve been up all night partying saw in the dawn with Radio 3? Lianne la Havas et al? Piano Feels, isn’t it? I doubt very much. But they can catch it all later on BBC Sounds of course. I’m sure they know that, right?

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

I'm currently listening to 'Sounds Of the Sixties with Tony Blackburn' which, whatever you might think of the content or presenter, is at least an honest title!
                    Just checked the playlist - every one a winner but how many were ruined by Blackburn talking over them?

Lizzie’s offerings were dire this morning - she must have an ear which enjoys the jarring sounds she majors in playing - real headache inducing stuff - dreadful. A question for forumites - does anyone like Shaker Loops - if so why? Is it just a noise or is there something musical about it that I am clearly missing?

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

Just checked the playlist - every one a winner but how many were ruined by Blackburn talking over them?

Lizzie’s offerings were dire this morning - she must have an ear which enjoys the jarring sounds she majors in playing - real headache inducing stuff - dreadful. A question for forumites - does anyone like Shaker Loops - if so why? Is it just a noise or is there something musical about it that I am clearly missing?

Like you, I still await enlightenment as regards this and similar works.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                        • Apr 2014

Yes I do like Shaker Loops but it’s become too much the Adams’ default piece. I don’t suppose the whole piece was played was it ? It rarely is...

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
                          Yes I do like Shaker Loops but it’s become too much the Adams’ default piece. I don’t suppose the whole piece was played was it ? It rarely is...
                          It seemed like it - thought it would never end. But why do you like it? Is there something I’m missing? - to me it is a repeated noise which seems to just go on and on...and on...and on...

Comment

• LMcD
                            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
                            Has it displaced the Short Ride?

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Has it displaced the Short Ride?
                              And The Chairman Dances?
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                And The Chairman Dances?
                                Ants in his pants?

Comment

Working...
                                X