X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LezLee
    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
    The delivery suggested to me that he knew exactly what he was doing. It was beautifully done!
    He actually said. 'some' Scheit which toned it down slightly!

Comment

• underthecountertenor
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
      Please don't put me forward for hanging, drawing and quartering.
      Of course not! I was just wondering why you were asking on the Breakfast page, given that as far as I’m aware the news didn’t break until after the last Breakfast bulletin yesterday.
      It was featured in this morning’s bulletin, incidentally: the reference being to cancellation of Domingo’s Philly and SF engagements, and to internal inquiries being undertaken. It seems unlikely that he will now perform again. Some might argue that that is a good thing, quite apart from the accusations.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

The delivery suggested to me that he knew exactly what he was doing. It was beautifully done!
        He usually does!

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

Of course not! I was just wondering why you were asking on the Breakfast page, given that as far as I’m aware the news didn’t break until after the last Breakfast bulletin yesterday.
          It was featured in this morning’s bulletin, incidentally: the reference being to cancellation of Domingo’s Philly and SF engagements, and to internal inquiries being undertaken. It seems unlikely that he will now perform again. Some might argue that that is a good thing, quite apart from the accusations.
          I was in Dresden a few weeks ago to see Domingo in Nabucco. Prior to the first half it was announced that he had a cold and would do his best. Then after the interval he withdrew and someone sang the role from the side of the stage. Yes, I think this marks the end of his career.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
            • Apr 2011

I was in Dresden a few weeks ago to see Domingo in Nabucco. Prior to the first half it was announced that he had a cold and would do his best. Then after the interval he withdrew and someone sang the role from the side of the stage. Yes, I think this marks the end of his career.
            A very sad (for want of a better word) way for a great career to end.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Please don't put me forward for hanging, drawing and quartering.
              When it comes to going off-topic, I'm afraid they don't go for soft options on this thread, Stan!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                • Jan 2019

On the rare occasions that I happen to catch Radio 3 breakfast (or in tune or essential classics) I don't detect much difference to Classic FM other than the adverts.
                To be fair though I usually switch off after a couple of minutes so maybe I'm not giving it a fair chance.
                The adverts on Classic FM don't annoy me as much as the chit chat and trailers on Radio 3 though.
                “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                  And unlike the Beeb repetitive blunt instrument approach, GS then goes on to say what's going to be in the programme - once. So it's only the greeting which is the same - and isn't it 'Good Morning Breakfasters' rather than Hi?
                  Or Breakfasteers, even?

The corollary of that would presumably be Breamoaners

OG

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                    Or Breakfasteers, even?

The corollary of that would presumably be Breamoaners

OG
                    Good one OG …….. only IMVVHO of course …...

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

The Gasper reading the News ...... ???? ..... and very well too IMVVHO .....

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Jobs for the boys and girls?

I've come across Al Ryan (of Jazz Now "fame") as continuity announcer on R3 (esp. weekends and late nights) as well as a traffic news presenter on BBC Radio Oxford once when we were in the Deep South on the A34 with RDS traffic on.

OG

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

Are you referring to the ineffable Paddy O'Connell, who read the 0800 bulletin?

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                            Are you referring to the ineffable Paddy O'Connell, who read the 0800 bulletin?
                            No I think he had been dragged in from the suburbs to do the 0800 ..... the Gasper did the 0730 and when Skellers appeared at 0850ish he commented on missing newsreaders and EC presenters

Comment

• LMcD
                              • Sep 2017

No I think he had been dragged in from the suburbs to do the 0800 ..... the Gasper did the 0730 and when Skellers appeared at 0850ish he commented on missing newsreaders and EC presenters
                              I hope this isn't anything to do with bl**dy Br*x*t !

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

"The Gasper" ... ???
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X