Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cockney Sparrow
    • Jan 2014

I just mute the sound. It's a terrible, commercial TV type of intrusion. Of course I sometimes forget to.turn it back on. They don't care about the counter- productive effects, all that matters is self promotion .

Comment

• LezLee
      • Apr 2019

I don't understand the Jess Gillam trailer. The idea seems to be to attract younger listeners to R3, but in order to hear the trailer, wouldn't they already be listening to R3?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
        I don't understand the Jess Gillam trailer. The idea seems to be to attract younger listeners to R3, but in order to hear the trailer, wouldn't they already be listening to R3?

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

A question repeatedly asked about the material aimed at the 'younger' audience, but never answered.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
            I just mute the sound. It's a terrible, commercial TV type of intrusion. Of course I sometimes forget to.turn it back on. They don't care about the counter- productive effects, all that matters is self promotion .
            Ditto and agreed

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

They're not very bright at Radio 3. If they were, they'd get their act together and create a decent product. A far better way of attracting a bigger audience.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Due to technical reasons, I found myself listening to most of Breakfast today. Now I find Petroc quite an engaging presenter, and there were moments of good music.

But seriously....

He announced when introducing Respighi’s Violin Sonata , that it is thought that it had never been broadcast on R3 before.

And then played the second movement.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Due to technical reasons, I found myself listening to most of Breakfast today. Now I find Petroc quite an engaging presenter, and there were moments of good music.

But seriously....

He announced when introducing Respighi’s Violin Sonata , that it is thought that it had never been broadcast on R3 before.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                    • Apr 2011

But seriously....

To be fair to him, what he said was that he thought it had never been broadcast on R3 Breakfast before.

OK he then only played one movement, but it was the best of them (in my view).

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

But seriously....

.... and today we had the Béla Fleck problem .....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
                        To be fair to him, what he said was that he thought it had never been broadcast on R3 Breakfast before.
                        Gosh, humanity must be shuddering at that addition to the sum total of human knowledge!

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          Gosh, humanity must be shuddering at that addition to the sum total of human knowledge!
                          And the point of your comment is?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
                            And the point of your comment is?
                            I was just making a flippant comment about an irelevant remark by a presenter - which makes two pointless comments in all.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              .... and today we had the Béla Fleck problem .....
                              I missed that, though such arrangements are not really my bag. However, I am rather fond of:

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                                I missed that, though such arrangements are not really my bag. However, I am rather fond of:

The Squire was, IIRC, under the impression Béla was a lady .....

Comment

Working...
                                X