• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    Well it's no big deal. In spite of the inane chit-chat, most of the time, the presenters do nothing at all. Plenty of time for a toilet break.
    They'd have to be quick - the pieces don't last very long. They'd have to arrange for at least one segue - perhaps La Valse segueing into Rhapsody in Blue.

[How can Rhapsody in Blue be played 34 times since the beginning of 2018 if it isn't on some sort of 'Playlist' somewhere?]

“The problem I have with Classic FM is hearing the same music repeated over and over again. I know it's a good commercial format so that's why they do it but I wish for a bit more variety," digitalspy forum, 04/05/13.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      ..... and Skellers, on Breakfast duty again, has to count, rank and comment on the thousands of suggestions for the Playlist Challenge .......
      Erm, I think we're at the mercy of Miss Suzy for that today?

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

The Squire from Cornwall for the rest of the week ....... with cloughers producing ..... ????

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
          Erm, I think we're at the mercy of Miss Suzy for that today?
          That somehow doesn't sound quite right.........
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            That somehow doesn't sound quite right.........

Madame Suzy, then?

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              They'd have to be quick - the pieces don't last very long. They'd have to arrange for at least one segue - perhaps La Valse segueing into Rhapsody in Blue.

[How can Rhapsody in Blue be played 34 times since the beginning of 2018 if it isn't on some sort of 'Playlist' somewhere?]

“The problem I have with Classic FM is hearing the same music repeated over and over again. I know it's a good commercial format so that's why they do it but I wish for a bit more variety," digitalspy forum, 04/05/13.
              27 mins to spend a penny is a bit excessive!

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                27 mins to spend a penny is a bit excessive!
                Yes, but plenty of time to go and come back again, and check the running order so that they know what to announce next. Alternatively, they could play a complete symphony …
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  Alternatively, they could play a complete symphony …
                  Especially the older, male presenters!

Comment

• kernelbogey
                    • Nov 2010

La Clemenza di Tito, Cornwall modern premiere, 1930, mentioned this morning by Petroc. My text to the programme prompted this. They did some nifty footwork in very short order checking and correcting my hastily-written and slightly inaccurate text.

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                      La Clemenza di Tito, Cornwall modern premiere, 1930, mentioned this morning by Petroc. My text to the programme prompted this. They did some nifty footwork in very short order checking and correcting my hastily-written and slightly inaccurate text.
                      Excellent kernelbogey - but be careful you will get suspended ....

Comment

• kernelbogey
                        • Nov 2010

Excellent kernelbogey - but be careful you will get suspended ....
                        I draw the line at 0900 hrs, m'lud.

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                          I draw the line at 0900 hrs, m'lud.
                          That may well save you sir ..... a very few of us soldier on ....

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

That may well save you sir ..... a very few of us soldier on ....
                            And it becomes more of a struggle as the SK weeks go by. The sad(and tiresome) thing that I'm now finding is that presenter dislike is beginning to taint whatever music follows her wittering, regardless of whether, in other circumstances, it would be something I could enjoy. Attention spans lessen noticeably once I've had my breakfast.

Thanks kb for your part in today's Breakfast menu.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                              Thanks kb for your part in today's Breakfast menu.
                              My pleasure!

In defence of the programme - and I would never have expected to be writing this - I sent two texts between 0645 and 0650 claiming the Radford sisters to have been responsible for the UK premiere of Clemenza in Falmouth in 1930.

The timings seem not to be available on the website but IIRC they researched and corrected my statement and Petroc broadcast the accurate version - it was the 'modern' UK premiere, and certainly the Cornish premiere in 1930 - less than 60 mintues later.

Petroc 3, Kernelbogey 2 (1 og).

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

The Squire gave the weather for Otterburn this morning .... if I can get Skellers to mention Rochester my work is done ....

P.S. #TheGreatMan has just played the sound of waves recorded on his phone - is there no end to his talents ..... ???

Comment

Working...
                                X