Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

She made a big thing of 'And now Mozart! Doubled clarinets, basset horns and a double bass! Negecting to mention that she was not playing K361, but just one movement of it!!!

Oh bring back Martin Handley on Saturdays please.

Comment

• Lawrence
      • May 2015

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
      She made a big thing of 'And now Mozart! Doubled clarinets, basset horns and a double bass! Negecting to mention that she was not playing K361, but just one movement of it!!!

Oh bring back Martin Handley on Saturdays please.
      Yes, please please bring back MH. I have given up listening to Breakfast on Saturdays, it's doesn't do my blood pressure any good at all!

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        AAAAAAARGH!
        Why do we have to be subjected to Elizabeth Yelper every Saturday morning?

She speaks us us in the way my 7-year old granddaughter would speak to her 3-year old little brother - except that my granddaughter is adorable and speaks in a considerably more mature manner.
        Plus - the spoken drivel is matched by the shallow and now utterly predicable selection of nothingness, that this oxygen bandit foists upon us.

This morning, I found a CD of Tom Lehrer in concert to be a more than acceptable alternative. I guess I should grateful to EA for encouraging me to sample my collection of recorded music more often at breakfast time.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          AAAAAAARGH!
          Why do we have to be subjected to Elizabeth Yelper every Saturday morning?
          Because we ill-advisedly operate the ‘on’ switch?

Thankfully there are so many other sources of music these days, enabling one to avoid intolerable goons presenting dumbed-down radio shows. Long gone are the days when listening to Radio 3 live, save on increasingly rare and carefully vetted occasions, was an option
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• hmvman
            • Mar 2007

I must admit a portable internet radio is being seriously considered for bathroom listening, especially on Saturday mornings!

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

GOOD NEWS! Double Martin Handley this weekend.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                Nuts, mice and rats ......

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                  ?

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    ?
                    Apparently MH has had some walnuts eaten by mice (or rats ) . Meanwhile here’s some Debussy ...

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons ....

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

What? No yelping Dalek tomorrow either? That's a relief.

I listened this morning, and it was so much better.

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        These occasional little excursions into MH's domestic crises add to the overall charm of the programme (IMVHO). He has that priceless knack of convincing you that you and he are having a private conversation.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

He has that priceless knack of convincing you that you and he are having a private conversation.
                          He doesn't "convince" me - nor would I wish to enter into "a private conversation" with anyone about "nuts, mice and rats" - the only time I ever have such a conversation is at family funerals with very distant relatives, making me remember why I never seek to make contact with these people at any other time in my life.

Just play the damn Music!!! I want a private conversation with a Beethoven Sonata, not with some ruddy presenter.
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• DracoM
                            Host
                            • Mar 2007

Just play the damn Music!!! I want a private conversation with a Beethoven Sonata, not with some ruddy presenter.

Which is exactly why I mostly listen to https://areena.yle.fi/radio/ohjelmat/yle-klassinen/

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                              Which is exactly why I mostly listen to https://areena.yle.fi/radio/ohjelmat/yle-klassinen/
                              Yes - I really should invest in a radio or three which can access the Internet. Until then, I'll stick with the CDs - whilst MH was letting everyone know about his pest infestation, I was listening to Schnabel playing Op 101.
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Andy Freude

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                                I want a private conversation with a Beethoven Sonata, not with some ruddy presenter.
                                I could sort of understand that some individuals who have few/inadequate social contacts liking to "interact" with strangers who they feel they have got to know via radio programmes, but they are them and I (an isolated soul) am me, and I hate it. No more Brecwast for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X