X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
    If only Lauren Laverne was into classical music. She’s become a fine broadcaster imho. I say that, because I think SK and TS are basically embarrassed by classical music. There’s this permanent sense it’s their mission to drag R3 into the mid market in order to secure its survival, and that this necessitates and justifies perma-gushing like grandparents on their first tab of acid. I entirely agree about the TTN presenters. They’re neither stuffy nor matey, just calmly informative. That’s my 10p for the day.
    Tom Service may be an annoying presenter, but he writes exceptionally well about music, and certainly isn’t embarrassed about it.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Tom Service may be an annoying presenter, but he writes exceptionally well about music, and certainly isn’t embarrassed about it.
      I think it's more that he's aware that he is very knowledgeable (which he is), but is a little bit too keen to make sure he's pitching his comments down low enough for the listeners.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        I think it's more that he's aware that he is very knowledgeable (which he is), but is a little bit too keen to make sure he's pitching his comments down low enough for the listeners.
        You're spot on, I would say!

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          I am not surprised by this as an alarming proportion of the population think that any music, other than pop music os from an alien planet, and they are not fans of! No it’s notes strung together any there for anyone to listen to. Forget the genres it is JUST MUSIC!

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

We seem to have Skellers ...... perhaps he’s doing 5.5 hours ...... ????

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              I gather Petroc's poorly.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                I gather Petroc's poorly.

Georgia’s under the weather Skellers says - but what does he know

Comment

• kernelbogey
                  • Nov 2010

Well, he gets to read the weather forecast.....
                  (I'll get my raincoat....)

Comment

• kernelbogey
                    • Nov 2010

I was one of X0 listeners to suggest 'Where the bee sucks' for a bee-themed morning under Skellers' emergency presence (Georgia 'not so well'), having not been listening at 0630 when he had already played it.

I groaned aloud when he played that duet from L***e, but after a moment's thought realised that it was an excellent Skellers joke .

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                      I was one of X0 listeners to suggest 'Where the bee sucks' for a bee-themed morning under Skellers' emergency presence (Georgia 'not so well'), having not been listening at 0630 when he had already played it.

I groaned aloud when he played that duet from L***e, but after a moment's thought realised that it was an excellent Skellers joke .
                      Was that the key 'b' rather than the insect variety? I didn't catch all the preamble to that item.

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Sorry, I wasn't listening that carefully (tut! tut!), hearing, I think, only the word 'poorly'. Anyway, let's hope that whoever it is recovers quickly!

Comment

• kernelbogey
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                          Was that the key 'b' rather than the insect variety? I didn't catch all the preamble to that item.
                          I think perhaps you have to think of a certain airline, rather than a musical key....

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Well it's no big deal. In spite of the inane chit-chat, most of the time, the presenters do nothing at all. Plenty of time for a toilet break.

Comment

• LMcD
                              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              Well it's no big deal. In spite of the inane chit-chat, most of the time, the presenters do nothing at all. Plenty of time for a toilet break.

I would have thought the increased incidence of short items might have caused problems on this score - or has Auntie agreed to site a Portaloo within striking distance?

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                                [/B]
                                I would have thought the increased incidence of short items might have caused problems on this score - or has Auntie agreed to site a Portaloo within striking distance?

..... and Skellers, on Breakfast duty again, has to count, rank and comment on the thousands of suggestions for the Playlist Challenge .......

Comment

Working...
                                X