X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    ..... Breakfast with CBH is an incorrect idea, listen to something else! I have been.....
    .... and so you missed her 2 Welsh grandparents and hubbie in Lille roaring on the Land of His Fathers .... Yer Mobile is back in 2 weeks so set the alarm Rumpole ......

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Yer Mobile
      Errrm..... not following you ...????
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Errrm..... not following you ...????
        One of the many places CBH tells us we can listen to R3 ".... on Yer Mobile ... "

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

One of the many places CBH tells us we can listen to R3 ".... on Yer Mobile ... "
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

SM-P does the same - relentless, hard-wired American style trailing and DJ-ing.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

This may be getting a little scary over the Squire's latest long stint we have had a number of complete, albeit short, symphonies and this morning the Complete Mozart's Piano Sonata K331 clocking in at 25 minutes ......

Comment

• Stanfordian
                • Dec 2010

I bet you did hear correctly. However you were not listening correctly - Breakfast with CBH is an incorrect idea, listen to something else! I have been.....
                Hiya Caliban,

I can think of an even worse presenter to share 'Breakfast with' that is Katie Derham - the star turn at the BBC Proms 2016!

Oh, I've had an even worse thought which is importing Clare Teal from Radio 2. I heard her last night on her Radio 2 show and she was gushing nonsense for the most part. I nearly twisted my back back in a mad dash for the off-switch.
                Last edited by Stanfordian; 17-07-16, 12:20.

Comment

• mercia
                  • Nov 2010

Ms Alker has played some rather 'weird' music this weekend but I'm sure I need to be taken out of my comfort zone

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    Ms Alker has played some rather 'weird' music this weekend but I'm sure I need to be taken out of my comfort zone
                    Indeed mercs you will emerge all the stronger for it .... the Unthank(?) - I think - come from the NE coast once patrolled by your relatives ....

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Indeed mercs you will emerge all the stronger for it .... the Unthank(?) - I think - come from the NE coast once patrolled by your relatives ....
                      It does uncomfortably remind us that Ms Alker's fans at 6 Music urged her to introduce the 'Radio 3 grumpy old listeners association' to 6 Music-type music. For the people who equally enjoy Radio 3 and 6 Music, it saves them the effort of changing stations; for those who simply want Radio 3 it makes the station more sadly alienating.

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        It does uncomfortably remind us that Ms Alker's fans at 6 Music urged her to introduce the 'Radio 3 grumpy old listeners association' to 6 Music-type music. For the people who equally enjoy Radio 3 and 6 Music, it saves them the effort of changing stations; for those who simply want Radio 3 it makes the station more sadly alienating.

I suggest she plays them some grumpy radio 3 listeners music on 6 radio as part of their musical experience. I suggest Mahler 3 complete would fit the bill - also it would be a good exercise in extending their concentration span. Mind you, thinking about it Mahler 3 complete on Breakfast would cut out a lot of twittering and waffle!
                        I wonder how much unthank you very much that would bring!

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ahinton
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            I suggest she plays them some grumpy radio 3 listeners music on 6 radio as part of their musical experience. I suggest Mahler 3 complete would fit the bill - also it would be a good exercise in extending their concentration span. Mind you, thinking about it Mahler 3 complete on Breakfast would cut out a lot of twittering and waffle!
                            Although it's somewhat shorter than Mahler 3 (although not that much so), I'd suggest Pettersson 9; that'd sort 'em out once and for all!

Comment

• muzzer
                              • Nov 2013

I don't mind hearing the Unthanks on R3. And I think we can all rise above the parochialism of her R6 fans.....can't we?

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
                                I don't mind hearing the Unthanks on R3. And I think we can all rise above the parochialism of her R6 fans.....can't we?
                                Agreed and IMVVHO I feel we can Muzzer .... I joined Facebook to help french frank and look in occasionally and Ms Alker came up as a friend suggestion, or whatever, scary indeed ......

Comment

Working...
                                X