X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    I honestly didn't notice - will listen intently tomorrow ....
    Didn't notice anything but then I speak like a fish wife ..... BUT the Squire was at pains to point out that Breakfast has a very small team and they have "great fun" choosing what to play and are always open to as many suggestions as possible .... I feel the Earl of Stockton-on-Tees must be at peace with this - unless he really is ferney and doesn't get up in time ....

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

BUT the Squire was at pains to point out that Breakfast has a very small team and they have "great fun" choosing what to play and are always open to as many suggestions as possible ....
      including having Ruby Hughes pressing a CD on one, which presumably accounted for Petree's breathlessness on Monday.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

This morning The Squire promised us a feast of British music and in the first half hour we had - Mathias, Bantock, Malcom Arnold and back to the valleys with Dai Bach (before 7). The last may be of passing interest as the request was mine - I have for a while suspected they were short of requesters and I only sent the email on Wednesday afternoon ..... still I have had my 3 seconds of fame .....

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

This morning The Squire promised us a feast of British music and in the first half hour we had - Mathias, Bantock, Malcom Arnold and back to the valleys with Dai Bach (before 7). The last may be of passing interest as the request was mine - I have for a while suspected they were short of requesters and I only sent the email on Wednesday afternoon ..... still I have had my 3 seconds of fame .....
          Must have made getting up before dawn worthwhile...! Hope it put a smile on Lady Gould's face?
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Must have made getting up before dawn worthwhile...! Hope it put a smile on Lady Gould's face?
            I would never tell her I listen to too much Church music it seems ...

Comment

• Don Petter

I trust you included that it always reminds you of one day when you were bathing the dog ... (or some such!)

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                I trust you included that it always reminds you of one day when you were bathing the dog ... (or some such!)

I was a sad failure there DP ....

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

oh, must listen again.
                  or , more accurately, for the first time.
                  Its an elite group, AG.

Incidentally, Raffers gave us some British music yesterday, some film music from Matthew Arnold......
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Incidentally, Raffers gave us some British music yesterday, some film music from Matthew Arnold......
                    It must say something about my meanness of character - as soon as I read this, I leapt to iPlayer.

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      oh, must listen again.
                      or , more accurately, for the first time.
                      Its an elite group, AG.

Mine was a silent entry ts .....

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

A programme that includes the Overture to Candide and The Lark Ascending

In fact, it ends with the usual movement from a Haydn symphony, The Lark Ascending and two songs from Charles Trenet … And most of the interesting sounding works appearing to be 3-5 minutes long. Ritual Fire Dance, Candide … I'd find that quite unbearable if I listened. I don't, but consider it the equivalent of a lock-out.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Mine was a silent entry ts .....
                          Silence is Goulden.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

I would never tell her I listen to too much Church music it seems ...
                            Well it put a smile on my face, anton - not familiar with BWV 30, what a great final chorus that is (*wonders if it's among the selection of Suzuki CDs on the shelf at home*)

And not so silent - a double name-check ygad.

Also much enjoyed the Arnold brass band Fantasy just beforehand.

Must have been pleasant for you, busy in the kitchen this morning, hosing down the dog and poaching Lady Gould's kippers
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                              A programme that includes the Overture to Candide and The Lark Ascending
                              Both excellent IMVVHO and the Candide was, as you will be aware, requested by a music teacher and they, as we know, are wonderful people .....

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                                Well it put a smile on my face, anton - not familiar with BWV 30, what a great final chorus that is (*wonders if it's among the selection of Suzuki CDs on the shelf at home*)

And not so silent - a double name-check ygad.

Also much enjoyed the Arnold brass band Fantasy just beforehand.

Must have been pleasant for you, busy in the kitchen this morning, hosing down the dog and poaching Lady Gould's kippers
                                It was IMVVHO an excellent first half hour and the Poulenc was glorious ...

Comment

Working...
                                X