• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    "It's your programme as well as ours, let's make it together ...." Treelawn this morning ......
    Does that mean they are are going to take a blind bit of notice of us?

Comment

• Sir Velo
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      Does that mean they are are going to take a blind bit of notice of us?
      Not unless you text or tweet them

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

They always ignore my texts.

Comment

• alycidon
          • Feb 2013

"It's your programme as well as ours, let's make it together ...." Treelawn this morning ......
          Huh! A bit like Children's Favourites with Uncle Mac? Saints preserve us!
          Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

That's quite a fundamental point, in fact. I remember someone posting on the Radio 3 Facebook page something to the effect that she wanted the programme to be Radio 3 creating the programme for listeners, choosing music that was interesting and stimulating from their basis of (one would hope) their encyclopaedic knowledge and resources.

But, of course, if you are now employing (some) presenters who don't know as much as (some) listeners, they will need help - though lacking presenters with much knowledge, one would have still hoped the producers would be able to fill the gap adequately (the vaunted 'trusted guides') …

But if that is no longer even the aim... People who already have more rigorous expectations don't really want a programme for which they're expected to be the unpaid programme creators for 'new' listeners. Surely?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              They always ignore my texts.
              I told you that starting your texts "Listen, you bastards" is not likely to get you read out on air ...!
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

Vltava blasts out at me, I turn the volume down. Clumsy Bruton-Hall starts speaking, I can't hear a word. Do I have selective deafness ?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  I told you that starting your texts "Listen, you bastards" is not likely to get you read out on air ...!
                  Trust me, I'm always creepily polite.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    Vltava blasts out at me, I turn the volume down. Clumsy Bruton-Hall starts speaking, I can't hear a word. Do I have selective deafness ?
                    If you do, that's the better way round. (Imagine the poor soul who can easily hear the aforementioned presenter - other annoying individuals are available - but has to struggle to hear Music! )
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• alycidon
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                      If you do, that's the better way round. (Imagine the poor soul who can easily hear the aforementioned presenter - other annoying individuals are available - but has to struggle to hear Music! )
                      Well, that's my problem all of the time. Because of my tinnitus I have to have the volume quite low to listen to the music comfortably. As a result, I can't pick up any of the speech - which is probably why I become so irritated with the presenters.
                      Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

Sorry to read about your tinnitus, aly - a horrible and cruel problem.

Comment

• alycidon
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Sorry to read about your tinnitus, aly - a horrible and cruel problem.
                          Thank you for your kind remarks, Ferney, but I am willing to bet that there are others who are far, far more badly affected than I am. At least I can forget about it for great chunks of the day. The hyperacusis though, is something else. I can't tolerate loud noises of any description. But at the age of 72 I'm not complaining - I have so many other things in life for which to be thankful, and I can hear and enjoy music.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by alycidon View Post
                            Thank you for your kind remarks, Ferney, but I am willing to bet that there are others who are far, far more badly affected than I am. At least I can forget about it for great chunks of the day. The hyperacusis though, is something else. I can't tolerate loud noises of any description. But at the age of 72 I'm not complaining - I have so many other things in life for which to be thankful, and I can hear and enjoy music.
                            The American actor Steve Martin has tinnitus. He says, apparently, "You just get used to it, or you go insane".

I think your response is lovely.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                              I think your response is lovely.
                              So do I!

Glad to hear it's a nuisance, aly, rather than as debilitating as it can be. (And it could be a LOT worse than not being able to hear the presenter "chatter"!)

Comment

• Bax-of-Delights
                                • Nov 2010

These sections on Breakfast where listeners are invited to send in their favourite music on "water" or "travel" or heaven help us "the tingle factor" and then are all grouped together somewhere within the BBC website maze (I've looked and can't find anything) - just what is the point? Why would anyone think "ooh, I need to check out the "tingle factor" music collection or pieces of music featuring water on the BBC"?

Surely, it's a simple exercise in listener's requests which has taken over from the phone-in? Nothing more.
                                O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

Working...
                                X