• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
    Well, for those of us who do (listen to both) it was quite a nice surprise - that's all really. I presume SK was indisposed.
    'Sitting in for Suzy Klein.'
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Will St Piran's Day be the day that Petroc plays Trelawny?

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Will St Piran's Day be the day that Petroc plays Trelawny?

Can I add my Welcome Back to others Cloughers - you have been missed.......

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bax-of-Delights
            • Nov 2010

PT played a piece of Bax this morning - one of the lesser known pieces - but then immediately afterwards read out a tweet from a listener which stated that he (the listener) didn't want to hear any Bax.
            Thinking about this makes me rather puzzled. Why would A) the listener bother to tweet in? and B) why would PT even bother to acknowledge it?

If I tweeted in "Don't play that bl**dy Short Ride in a Fast Machine again" would the presenter read it out? I mean just what is the point of these inane warblings?
            O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

• Stanfordian
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bax-of-Delights View Post
              PT played a piece of Bax this morning - one of the lesser known pieces - but then immediately afterwards read out a tweet from a listener which stated that he (the listener) didn't want to hear any Bax.
              Thinking about this makes me rather puzzled. Why would A) the listener bother to tweet in? and B) why would PT even bother to acknowledge it?

If I tweeted in "Don't play that bl**dy Short Ride in a Fast Machine again" would the presenter read it out? I mean just what is the point of these inane warblings?
              Hiya Bax-of-Delights,

Don't tell me any more, I can't stand it. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Thanks anton and ferney.

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bax-of-Delights View Post
                  BoD, they must have edited that out - or you were doing PT a disservice. I was going to record it and demand to know whose idea it was to insult Bax and Radio 3 listeners by reading out such a message.

What I heard him say, immediately the piece finished was: 'Let's hear more Bax - I think that message is, uh, clear' and credited the performers. He then read out a request for Britten's Simple Symphony ... which was then played.
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    BoD, they must have edited that out - or you were doing PT a disservice. I was going to record it and demand to know whose idea it was to insult Bax and Radio 3 listeners by reading out such a message.

What I heard him say, immediately the piece finished was: 'Let's hear more Bax - I think that message is, uh, clear' and credited the performers. He then read out a request for Britten's Simple Symphony ... which was then played.
                    I heard what BOD heard.........

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                      • Jan 2011

Me too!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

Does anyone have a (n approximate) time when in the programme this message was read out?
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Does anyone have a (n approximate) time when in the programme this message was read out?

Just after the Bax, which was alledgedly at 01:18...

Just listening through now...

... MORE Bax please!

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

<sigh>

You may have heard that this morning (I cannot say), but this is what the iPlayer says now:

Bax ended 1.25.04:

PT: Let’s hear more Bax, I think that, uh, message is clear. That was the 2nd movement scherzo from his concertante for cor anglais, clarinet and horn, written for the Proms in 1950. John Bradbury playing the clarinet. He is principal clarinettist of the BBC Philharmonic who were conducted by Martyn Brabbins. Five to eight.

01.25.26 James Dixon in Cranbrook has texted 'Might we hear the playful pizzicato from Britten’s Simple Symphony?' Here it is, the composer conducting …

No tweet was mentioned at that point, at all. And the text message was the following request.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                              • Jan 2011

Got it:

01:28:48

OG

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                                Got it:

01:28:48
                                You're right - but not 'immediately after the Bax' as BoD said, but immediately after the Britten. PT added 'others will (?) disagree. That seems, I agree, a pretty pointless tweet, but less egregious than it was made to sound - just normally egregious .

Comment

Working...
                                X