X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
    He could well be. We look forward to, say, Bartok on Radio 2.

Actually I like some Cole Porter songs, just not taking up space on R3.
    Ha! Actually when I saw that yesterday I thought.."hmm..funny how no-one's grumped about it on the forum"!
    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
      Ha! Actually when I saw that yesterday I thought.."hmm..funny how no-one's grumped about it on the forum"!
      I prefer them safely ensconced in a Fred Astaire film, around Xmas, where there's something nice (Ginger Rogers) to look at as well.

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

I know I'm easily impressed, but for someone to put a request into the programme and for that request to be fulfilled within a few minutes even though presumably it puts the kybosh on one's beautifully planned running-order, quite impresses me
        Last edited by mercia; 31-07-14, 08:09.

Comment

• HARRIET HAVARD

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
          I know it's on 'Essential Classics' rather than 'Breakfast', but I coaught the quiz or conundrum one day last week when it was music played backwards. I'm now waiting for them to have 'one song to the tune of another' as the quiz.
          WHY?

Comment

• Sir Velo
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            I know I'm easily impressed, but for someone to put a request into the programme and for that request to be fulfilled within a few minutes even though presumably it puts the kybosh on one's beautifully planned running-order, quite impresses me
            Sorry to disillusion you but don't you think they already had a slot in the programme lined up for just such a request?

Comment

• HARRIET HAVARD

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              Yes I heard that mercs and the very same thought crossed my mind.....I couldn't understand why TreeLawn had read the anti-Lloyd response out in such a rush.....
              Strange, isn't it, that only certain adverse comments about certain composers seem to be broadcast. Can't remember, for instance, ever hearing a bad word spoken on the network about Taverner- ancient and modern- or Rutter. I can't believe I am the only one who finds absolutely nothing in the lift Musak of these two to recommend them, and that no one, apart from me, has taken the trouble to comment to R3.

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                Sorry to disillusion you but don't you think they already had a slot in the programme lined up for just such a request?
                possibly - I thought all these programmes were timed to the split-second, and not all requested music would be the same length (obviously)
                it was (a bit of) Stanford's Stabat Mater by the way

Comment

• jean
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HARRIET HAVARD View Post
                  Strange, isn't it, that only certain adverse comments about certain composers seem to be broadcast. Can't remember, for instance, ever hearing a bad word spoken on the network about Taverner- ancient and modern- or Rutter. I can't believe I am the only one who finds absolutely nothing in the lift Musak of these two to recommend them, and that no one, apart from me, has taken the trouble to comment to R3.
                  I'm sure people do have bad things to say about Tavener and Rutter, and I can see the Beeb might want to suppress dissent.

But I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to badmouth the ancient Taverner - because you do have to seek out music of that period, and if you don't like it, you aren't listening in the first place.

Comment

• Sir Velo
                    • Oct 2012

possibly - I thought all these programmes were timed to the split-second, and not all requested music would be the same length (obviously)
                    I think they just increase or cut down on the amount of verbiage as and when they need to.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by HARRIET HAVARD View Post
                      WHY?
                      Asks a Mrs Trellis from North Wales.
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ahinton
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        Asks a Mrs Trellis from North Wales.
                        !!! - Oh and, while they're at it, why haven't they included in the Porter COTW a rendition of I Love You, (the ever delightful) Samantha?...

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

it was (a bit of) Stanford's Stabat Mater by the way
                          How can one tell that a request - email, text or phone-in - has only just been received? Is it the presenter saying, 'We've just received ...'?

But live programmes couldn't be timed in advance to the split-second. By my timing, recent Breakfast programmes have had about 30 minutes of speech/announcements. And the reason they give for never publishing the playlists in advance is that they aren't quite finished. They can have a few extra pieces up their sleeves to get the timing exactly right, and talking to Sarah/Rob who have just popped into the studio can be a bit longer or shorter as needed.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Breakfast hit a new low today.

Comment

• Radio64
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              Breakfast hit a new low today.
                              Ran out of milk?
                              "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                                !!! - Oh and, while they're at it, why haven't they included in the Porter COTW a rendition of I Love You, (the ever delightful) Samantha?...
                                I'm sorry I haven't a clue.....

Comment

Working...
                                X