Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

They used to have a thing here called filodiffusone which was literally continuous 'piped' music, with different channels for different types of music.

i see now that the classical music channel is called Radiofd5. I'd be interested to know if it can be heard outside the UK. Player here.
    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
      Rai5 is a (satellite) TV channel and yes they also have adverts. Here's RaiRadio 3 ... I see there are still some of the regular programmes, so maybe there was a strike that day or something.

The Rai5 I've listened to (and did again this morning after your post) is a radio stream on the internet and not a tv channel.

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

They used to have a thing here called filodiffusone which was literally continuous 'piped' music, with different channels for different types of music.

i see now that the classical music channel is called Radiofd5. I'd be interested to know if it can be heard outside the UK. Player here.
        I listen to Rai radiofd5 via satellite most days (listening now). It's great if you're not after "content" or waffle. They just announce the music and play it. We have had a satellite dish for many years, originally for German TV, which is very useful as a German teacher and my wife is German, but we also get Italian radio and umpteen other channels. Sound can be played through the amp and quality is good. They also publish complete programme details.

Comment

• Radio64
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
          The Rai5 I've listened to (and did again this morning after your post) is a radio stream on the internet and not a tv channel.
          Sorry Don, you obviously mean the radiofd5 - ..molto bene!

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

R64: try Radio Classica Brescia/Bresciana.
            Not too many adverts, but we ARE told about the music (e.g., tempo indications of movements).
            No baby news that I'm aware of, though!

Comment

• Radio64
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
              R64: try Radio Classica Brescia/Bresciana.
              Not too many adverts, but we ARE told about the music (e.g., tempo indications of movements).
              No baby news that I'm aware of, though!
              Ta Pulci! Aptly, Mendelssohn's Italiana is on!

NB player won't work on Google Chrome..

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

but it's hardly informing the public, as it should.
                Email just now saying that Op 110 was back announced as being in A rather than Ab. I confess I did not notice that, but as I was only negotiating the rigours of the treadmill and the leg press, I suppose it doesn't really matter. It's still informing them ...
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Radio64
                  • Jan 2014

Speaking of breakfast . .accidentally switched on the telly this morning and this was on Rai5 (TV):

Concerto Ellington-Marsalis

Comment

• Radio64
                    • Jan 2014

Oh heck...what's all this Music in the Great War business next week?????

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Oh heck...what's all this Music in the Great War business next week?????
                      You can read all about it here. Apparently it's scheduled to continue across the BBC until 2018.
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Radio64
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        You can read all about it here. Apparently it's scheduled to continue across the BBC until 2018.
                        ..and we have to have it for Breakfast? (so to speak)

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

..and we have to have it for Breakfast? (so to speak)
                          I googled "Music in the Great War" and most of the top hits were for Radio 3, just different programmes:

Essential Classics, In Tune, Sound of Cinema, Free Thinking, Words and Music, Music Matters, Live in Concert. It didn't include Breakfast, but we are going to have it anyway

Comment

• Radio64
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            I googled "Music in the Great War" and most of the top hits were for Radio 3, just different programmes:

Essential Classics, In Tune, Sound of Cinema, Free Thinking, Words and Music, Music Matters, Live in Concert. It didn't include Breakfast, but we are going to have it anyway
                            War with our cornflakes 'n' croissant. Not really my cup of macchiato.

Might be trying out some of those alternative channels

Comment

• Honoured Guest

Breakfast will feature "Combatant Composers". This Radio 3 season runs for two weeks.

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

One of those 'dip-in, dip-out' seasons:

Comment

Working...
                                X