If you took over from Roger Wright what would you do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by worlingworth1 View Post
    well done your doing a great job in difficult circumstances carry on no change , your all doing very well ...........

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      your all doing very well - educating the nation …
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by worlingworth1 View Post
        I think I would say to all the R3 staff, well done your doing a great job in difficult circumstances carry on no change , your all doing very well ...........
        A quiet word in your shell like matey

Most of the folks who post things in here are more concerned with pedantic linguistics and the origins of words than music.
        Once you realise that you will be fine

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          A quiet word in your shell like matey

Most of the folks who post things in here are more concerned with pedantic linguistics and the origins of words than music.
          Gongers, you are Honoured Guest, and I claim my £5
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

But it's interesting.

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Apart from that, worlingworth1 is just a troll-like poster who pops in from time to time to irritate the natives. S/he doesn't say anything that's worth replying to about music or show any interest in music. Or indeed in anything much except the inhabitants here and trying to rattle their cage. At least the appearances are infrequent, though others show a similar psychology. That's interesting, too, in its way.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                You wake up and Lord Hall is on the phone offering you the job as controller of radio 3 . What would you do on your first day ?

Give P45s to Petroc,Sean and Katie ?

Offer Stephanie Hughes a few quid to come back ?

Cancel Breakfast with immediate effect and replace it with Morning Concert commencing tomorrow at 7.02 with Mahler 4 ?

What would be your priorities ?

If I took over from Roger Wright I would go back to basics. I would employ knowledgeable presenters that focus on the music, axing the intrusive interactive quizzes and sack the actresses. No more talk of dancing, ball gowns and great legs in radio 3. In truth I am finding Classic FM much more interesting than Radio 3.
                Last edited by Stanfordian; 05-10-15, 19:02.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

CD Masters returns in proper discussion format. Swain, Cowan given something constructive to work at.
                  NO more film music
                  NO Sean, Kate, Petroc
                  MORE Alyn Shipton
                  MORE and BETTER planned Choral programmes with WHOLE WORKS.
                  MORE Lucie Skeaping
                  MORE Martin Handley
                  MORE Verity Sharpe

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Feel free to carry on - just pointing out that our visitor unearthed an 18-month-old thread in order to post a message designed to irritate members

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                      Apart from that, worlingworth1 is just a troll-like poster who pops in from time to time to irritate the natives. S/he doesn't say anything that's worth replying to about music or show any interest in music. Or indeed in anything much except the inhabitants here and trying to rattle their cage. At least the appearances are infrequent, though others show a similar psychology. That's interesting, too, in its way.
                      I do prefer trolls who understand basic grammar.

Comment

Working...
                      X