X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ARBurton
    • May 2011

Tristan und Isolde on Austrian Radio this evening

Peter Seiffert, Nina Stemme, Stephen Milling, Jochen Schmeckenbecher (which google translator renders as "Tasting Cup"!), Janina Baehcle, Wesler-Most conducting. OE1, 7.30pm Austrian time. http://oe1.orf.at/programm/340171
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

MANY, many thanks for this heads-up. Terrific orchestra and Nina Stemme sounds in cracking form to me so far [ end of Act One]

Comment

• ARBurton
      • May 2011

I have to say, it was pure chance that I checked the operacast website shortly before posting - this item wasn`t listed yesterday when I looked.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Well, I have the Austrian station on my regular list and I didn't spot it either!!

Comment

• ARBurton
          • May 2011

I did check to see that it was radio only, which is of course nonetheless extremely welcome. I had thought to be having a Wagner-free week after all the huge amount of recent celebratory broadcasts, and was lining myself up for ON Siegfried next weds.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Well, the band were stars of the show for me. Seiffert did a pretty terrific thing hanging on to the shreds of his voice in Act 3 and Stemme ditto. But terrific stuff.

Comment

• David-G
              • Mar 2012

Just listened to Act 1 on the equivalent of iplayer. Terrific stuff! You can find it here: http://oe1.orf.at/programm/340171#, click on "7 Tage O1", then "Do" for Thursday, then scroll to the programme (19.30 I think).

Comment

Working...
              X