X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • underthecountertenor
    • Apr 2011

ROH Website

Is anyone else having trouble logging in for the new booking season this morning? For me at least, the shiny new website has, predictably, crashed on its first serious test run.
  • Cavaradossi

I managed to get in and buy tickets with no problem, but many on twitter are saying they are unable to sign in. The ROH say they are working on the problem.

RoyalOperaHouse @RoyalOperaHouse

The website should now be working fine. If issues persist clear your cookies and try again. Apologies for difficulties ^E
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    13m
    RoyalOperaHouse @RoyalOperaHouse

Apologies to anyone having trouble signing into the website. We're working to fix it asap ^E

Comment

• underthecountertenor
      • Apr 2011

Thanks cavaradossi, and congratulations! I was there on the dot of ten, and am now getting the message "Exception of type 'RoyalOperaHouse.MissingSessionException' was thrown" every time I try to log in. I cannot believe how useless they are.

Comment

• Il Grande Inquisitor
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
        Is anyone else having trouble logging in for the new booking season this morning? For me at least, the shiny new website has, predictably, crashed on its first serious test run.
        I had the same problem. Keep pressing the 'Log In' button and they'll eventually grant you access. Annoying, as I was logged in by 9:45 and ready to roll for 10:00. Still, Stalls Circle ticket for Nabucco safely secured - Nucci rather than Domingo. Anyone else's eyes water at £100 for an Amphitheatre ticket?
        Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

• underthecountertenor
          • Apr 2011

It appears to have crashed again, halfway through my booking.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
            • Apr 2011

I call it the curse of Domingo. Every time he appears on a new booking period the website crashes.

Comment

• Stephen Smith

My blood pressure has been stable this morning as I haven't bothered to try this booking period, there's no production which is a "must see". After The Ring I'll perhaps give other companies (ENO - Pilgrims Progress for sure) a try. Domingo is a great performer, but his baritone offerings don't in the end warrant the effort or expense. I might try for a day ticket for the Nucci Nabucco if reviews point to a decent performance.

Comment on the Intermezzo blog - for the higher tier friends bookings - predicted a repeat debacle on "ordinary" friends and public booking - and brought forth a respnse to the criticism from the new Director of Opera - whether he will be able to get the RoH admin to deliver more effective internet booking is anyone's guess. Its a very poor way to treat customers (yet again) and must be particularly galling for those who pay premium friends rates. The one redeeming feature at RoH is that their Box Office staff, who are unfailingly helpful, when you get to speak to them (they respond as soon as they can to emails by telephoning) do their best to retrieve your ticket choices from the chaos.

Another thought - perhaps I should get organised on cinema secreenings (joining the cinema mailing lists etc) and give some of the live performances a miss. (I found the Glyndebourne Tristan (a few years ago) & Billy Budd, in a comparison exercise, pretty much as absorbing in the Cinema as seeing them live in the theatre).

Comment

• LHC
                • Jan 2011

Lots of people seem to have had problems signing in at 10:00 this morning. I spent several minutes cursing under my breath (my work colleagues might have complained otherwise), but then managed to log in at about 10:10. Managed to get tickets for all I wanted; Nabucco (with Nucci), Eugene Onegin and Written on Skin.

Once the site was working properly the whole process was fast and relatively painless. Certainly an improvement on previous seasons when I have spent hours in the 'waiting room' imagining that all the operas I wanted to see were busily selling out while I watched the counter count down from 1200 to 0.
                "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• Belgrove
                  • Nov 2010

I had no trouble getting tickets at the stroke of 10am and have since received confirmation of the purchase for Written on Skin (nothing else appeals). However, the previous ROH website was unusable due (apparently) to the firewall on my computer.
                  Keep persevering and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X