X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Thursday opera broadcasts

Not so much a night at the opera so much as a Thursday afternoon. Just to alert people to some interesting recorded opera broadcasts in the Ao3 slot on Thursdays - Otello from the Vienna State Opera last Thursday (can still just be caught on LA until this afternoon), and this afternoon again from the Vienna State Opera a performance of Weill's Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny.
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

But I just wish they would NOT break them up into two afternoons sometimes! 2 - 4.30 when it is a recording they are using? How many operas apart form Wagner could you not get into concentrated playing in one 2.5 hr session with minimal chatter?

Comment

• kuligin
      • Nov 2010

I find the Thursday performances far more interesting than the Saturday Met, the repertoire is far wider, and it is interesting to have performances from more than one source, and the chat though often simplistic is far better than the interviews and hype issuing from New York

Sadly I have to work on Thursdays and have to remember to record them or catch up later

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by kuligin View Post
        I find the Thursday performances far more interesting than the Saturday Met, the repertoire is far wider, and it is interesting to have performances from more than one source, and the chat though often simplistic is far better than the interviews and hype issuing from New York

Sadly I have to work on Thursdays and have to remember to record them or catch up later
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kuligin View Post

So true.

Comment

Working...
          X