X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prommer
    • Dec 2010

Met - Adriana Lecouvreur (Netrebko)

This is getting rave reviews in the US - Netrebko, Beczala et al. Due in cinemas next Saturday and on Opera on 3...

I love the piece - just as I do Andrea Chenier IF the singing is up to it. Apparently, it is.
  • verismissimo
    • Nov 2010

I'll be there - Phoenix in Oxford.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
      • Jan 2014

I'm out of the country and nowhere near a relay screening. Darn it! All I can hope for is an Encore showing, but nothing indicating one I can find, so far.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Good to hear about this. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• johnn10
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          Good to hear about this. I'm looking forward to it.
          I wonder if Ira Siff will be allowed on again tonight after that rather abrupt correction he gave when Mary Jo Heath got something wrong last week? Mind you, it was a pretty basic error.

Comment

• Stanfordian
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Prommer View Post
            This is getting rave reviews in the US - Netrebko, Beczala et al. Due in cinemas next Saturday and on Opera on 3...

I love the piece - just as I do Andrea Chenier IF the singing is up to it. Apparently, it is.
            Netrebko and Beczala work well together.

Comment

• Prommer
              • Dec 2010

The Radio 3 site seems to think this is the Met's first ever production of Adriana...

Comment

• johnn10
                • Mar 2011

The Radio 3 site seems to think this is the Met's first ever production of Adriana...
                The Times thinks that too , and also that it is being broadcast live. Wrong on both counts.

Comment

• Prommer
                  • Dec 2010

Is it not live? The Met ones usually are. Today they are doing Met Live in HD for cinemas too.

Ah - you mean the half hour delay? Annoying, but presumably so as to allow Radio 3 to cut out some of the splother.

Comment

• Prommer
                    • Dec 2010

I have just been listening to the marvellous Adriana from Naples (1959)... Magda Olivero, Franco Corelli and Ettore Bastianini... That may not have been the best move!

Comment

• johnn10
                      • Mar 2011

Is it not live? The Met ones usually are. Today they are doing Met Live in HD for cinemas too.

Ah - you mean the half hour delay? Annoying, but presumably so as to allow Radio 3 to cut out some of the splother.
                      I love the word splother. Yes, I am sure we will not miss all those hard hitting questions asked of the singers in the interval e.g "I thought you were wonderful . Perhaps you could kindly tell us how wonderful you thought you were" etc etc

Comment

• johnn10
                        • Mar 2011

I trust we all enjoyed that audience which Netrebko gave to the General Manager before the performance. I hope he remembered to walk backwards when leaving her dressing room.
                        Last edited by johnn10; 12-01-19, 22:13.

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Some of AT's outrageous but so typical mucking about with tempi to show her voice off............blimey. Why don't MD's simply start the orchestra over one of her long, long, held 'look at me aren't I famous, pretty and expensive?' notes I don't know - the temptation must be huge. For AT 'more is not enough'.

Comment

• johnn10
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by johnn10 View Post
                            I love the word splother. Yes, I am sure we will not miss all those hard hitting questions asked of the singers in the interval e.g "I thought you were wonderful . Perhaps you could kindly tell us how wonderful you thought you were" etc etc
                            I really cannot see the point of having a delayed relay rather than taking it live if the opportunity is not taken to edit out some of the waffle and wittering.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                              • Apr 2014

I enjoyed it greatly . Did any one else notice Anna N's wig getting caught in Michonnet's sleeve buttons during the death scene? I thought Ambrogio Maestri handled the ( quite strenuous ) hair tugging superbly - Almost another chapter of Great Operatic Disasters in the making ....

Comment

Working...
                              X