X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenilex
    • Nov 2010

ROH Rigoletto on screen

Anyone else seen this wild and raunchy version?

Did you notice the visual reference to Ingres’ Jupiter painting, when Rigoletto in vast black leather stands up with Gilda entwined round his neck?

And the music was good, too, with stunning low notes from the assassin Sparafucile. But I draw a veil over CBH.
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

The screening at my local Odeon was pulled owing to technical problems. Unfortunately I was one of the packed audience there who saw nothing and had to queue for refunds.
    Last edited by Stanfordian; 18-01-18, 12:02.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
      • Jan 2014

For those who don't know (and I wasn't there) I take it CBH is Clemency Burton-Hill. I was rehearsing the Mendelssohn Lobgesang last night, otherwise I would have gone. Very frustrating to have to go home after a technical failure - not heard of that happening before.

Comment

• jean
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

My local cinema has a repeat next Tuesday morning (not much use if you're at work, though...)

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
          For those who don't know (and I wasn't there) I take it CBH is Clemency Burton-Hill. I was rehearsing the Mendelssohn Lobgesang last night, otherwise I would have gone. Very frustrating to have to go home after a technical failure - not heard of that happening before.
          Ditto happened to an ROH relay up my way a few weeks ago. AND we had an hour's drive on motorway even norther to get there!

Comment

• underthecountertenor
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
            The screening at my local Odeon was pulled owing to technical problems. Unfortunately I was one of the packed audience there who saw nothing and had to queue for refunds.
            Judging by reactions the ROH website, this does seem to happen from time to time (and sound and vision glitches perhaps more often). I'm guessing that it's a problem with the link to the cinema, or within the cinema itself, outside the control of the ROH. But it's worth registering the problem with the house, as they do at least claim to follow it up with the cinema in question. Whether they actually do or not, and whether it does any good, is another matter.

Comment

Working...
            X