Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Great documentary on Kaufmann (prior to the Otello performance) and not spoilt by the likes of an annoying presenter such as Lucy Worsley dressing up etc.

I saw Kaufmann in the title role of that very same production of 'André Chenier' at Munich in March. In addition to Kaufmann, Anja Harteros played Maddalena and the opera was excellent.
    Last edited by Stanfordian; 18-10-17, 11:08.

Comment

• Prommer
      • Dec 2010

And JK said that Tannhauser and Tristan are coming up soon...and PG!!

What about Siegfried?

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

I enjoyed the documentary Kaufmann comes across well and seems pretty low on the divaish behaviour count . The story about Gheorghiu not turning up on stage in time in Tosca was funny .

Comment

• Darkbloom
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Prommer View Post
          And JK said that Tannhauser and Tristan are coming up soon...and PG!!

What about Siegfried?
          It's such a rotten part in many ways I'd be amazed if he did. We have to put up with all sorts of barking and bellowing presumably because most tenors aren't interested. Vickers didn't touch it.

Comment

• Barbirollians
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Darkbloom View Post
            It's such a rotten part in many ways I'd be amazed if he did. We have to put up with all sorts of barking and bellowing presumably because most tenors aren't interested. Vickers didn't touch it.
            No I can't see him going for it . Then again I think the only part of the Ring worth listening to as a whole opera is Die Walkure so what would I know .

Comment

Working...
            X