X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ARBurton
    • May 2011

Salzburg Festival 2017 Walkure

Just a quick heads up for those who have the right satellite equipment - Thielemann conducting Die Walkure, recorded at Salzburg last Saturday (when it was broadcast live on Austrian radio) is on 3Sat (Astra 19.2) on Saturday evening at 20.15 German time. Cast includes Peter Seiffert, Anja Harteros, Anja Kampe.

And looking ahead to Sunday 30th April, Arte are showing a 90-minute programme of excerpts of Lohengrin, Thielemann conducting in Dresden with Anna Netrebko as Elsa which, I admit, I can`t quite imagine!
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ARBurton View Post
    Just a quick heads up for those who have the right satellite equipment - Thielemann conducting Die Walkure, recorded at Salzburg last Saturday (when it was broadcast live on Austrian radio) is on 3Sat (Astra 19.2) on Saturday evening at 20.15 German time. Cast includes Peter Seiffert, Anja Harteros, Anja Kampe.

And looking ahead to Sunday 30th April, Arte are showing a 90-minute programme of excerpts of Lohengrin, Thielemann conducting in Dresden with Anna Netrebko as Elsa which, I admit, I can`t quite imagine!
    Hiya ARB,

I was in Dresden last year to see Anna Netrebko as Elsa in Lohengrin her first Wagner role. She was very good indeed even if Piotr Beczala excelled in the title role and Evelyn Herlitzius too as Ortrud.

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

This site is very useful for knowing which classical TV broadcasts are coming up on German channels via Astra. Spoilt for choice over the Easter weekend: including the Salzburg Cavalleria Rusticana on Sunday morning with Jonas Kaufmann and Kaufmann again on Monday in Forza del Destino from Munich.

Comment

• ARBurton
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
        Hiya ARB,

I was in Dresden last year to see Anna Netrebko as Elsa in Lohengrin her first Wagner role. She was very good indeed even if Piotr Beczala excelled in the title role and Evelyn Herlitzius too as Ortrud.
        Heil Dir, Stanfordian!

In that case I shall look forward to it!

Comment

• gurnemanz
          • Nov 2010

Which reminds me ... a visit to the Semperoper is long overdue. The East Germans shamefully left it as a hulk for decades. The only opera I have ever seen in Dresden was the first DDR staging of Moses and Aaron in 1976, directed by Harry Kupfer with Rainer Goldberg as Aaron.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Watched it today. I will confess to enjoying a "straight" (not too say stark) staging after last summer's Bayreuth show. It was lucid, well sung, acted and played. Not sure about Siegmund's anorak or the silver-coated rams employrd to bring on that armchair for Fricka.

Comment

Working...
            X