• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Flying Dutchman Oct 27th

Band in fine form, good pacing.
    But the Senta.......Phew!.....I do hope it was just the engineering made it seem she was trampling on everyone round her. Loud and inexpressive and dominant to my ears, because if it had sounded like that in the opera house as well.............!!!
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
    Band in fine form, good pacing.
    But the Senta.......Phew!.....I do hope it was just the engineering made it seem she was trampling on everyone round her. Loud and inexpressive and dominant to my ears, because if it had sounded like that in the opera house as well.............!!!
    Exactly my view - I lasted about 10 minutes, most of it spent wondering what notes she was actually trying for among the range offered by her vibrato.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Exactly my view - I lasted about 10 minutes, most of it spent wondering what notes she was actually trying for among the range offered by her vibrato.
      My view too. Some good atmosphere elsewhere though, though I did last much longer than 10 minutes. These strident-sounding singers often come across better in the opera house, without the microphone rammed down their throats.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Parsifal next - so we shall see.

Comment

Working...
        X