X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Holland's Got Talent - Amira Willighagen age 9

How's this for a big voice in small body! Out of such a cheesy production comes such a surprising voice.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Evidently she's never had a singing lesson. She just listens to a song and then copies it.
    Last edited by Stanfordian; 06-01-14, 20:48.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

I've heard this before. She creates a kind of, mmm, 'Classic FM tendresse' among the audience - and that is not at all a bad thing, in my view. Remember that the original Barberina in Figaro was only 12!
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• gradus
      • Nov 2010

Astonishing voice seemingly produced without any sense of strain, very rare indeed.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Struggled rather more with the low notes of Ave Maria - she may well be the next Charlotte Church poor kid .

It must be very hard I always think for a boy treble like Aled Jones who had such a beautiful and interesting treble voice to grow up with a very ordinary, bland and unremarkable adult singing voice . Some of course like Stuart Burrows do become great singers. It would be fascinating to know what the treble voices were like of the greatest tenors and baritones etc .

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
          Struggled rather more with the low notes of Ave Maria - she may well be the next Charlotte Church poor kid .
          ... whereas the judges' reaction was more noveau Subo? Astonishing performance, and it was interesting that the backstage compere knew the aria - I wonder if Ant on Deck would be able to do so.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X