• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

New tunes on old fiddles

I don't know if anyone's started a thread on this series of programmes. I heard, by chance, this on the car radio:

PANAYIOTIS KOKORAS - Jet (world première)

It was apparently 'performed' by the artist, a solo recorder player, but he must have been using some multi-tracking or other electronic wizardry. It was just fantastic...contemporary music at its best... not just a few Part-like chords held for jours [sic] on end. It was a bit Ligeti like, i.e. it had lots of energy, forward momentum and humour. I'd love to hear it again, but alas, there's no LA on that programme. Any ideas? And did anyone else hear it?
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

ardcarp
    Here’s the thread on this programme: on The Early Music Show board

And here is today’s programme. You can listen to it it now and there is a link to the performer.

Erik Bosgraaf (recorder) performs Van Eyck, Bilyard, Stravinsky, Kokoras and Andriessen.

Yes, I found that this was more ‘contemporary’ than the first two, which were good but sort of quaint.
    Last edited by doversoul1; 03-03-11, 18:08. Reason: typo

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Doversoul.

Thank you. I wish I were as clever as you at finding these things. If anyone else wants to listen to JET (with an open mind, please!) click on Doversoul's link (bottom one) and it's about 25 mins into the programme.

Comment

Working...
      X