X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daring Tripod
    • Sep 2024

Mahler on Classic FM.

For those Mahler enthusiasts and as a partial answer to another thread just launched, may I draw your attention to a Classic FM 'concert' on Saturday night at 7.00.
    Mahler 1 with Royal Liverpool Phil conducted by Gerard Schwarz but even more interesting is Symphony No.2 with the Berlin Phil conducted by Haitink and Totenfeier played by the Concertgebouw under Chailly.
  • Norfolk Born

...one straight after the other? A bit indigestible, I would have thought. Lazy programming, IMHO.

Comment

• hafod
      • Nov 2010

It may be 'indigestable' but this is Classic FM. The fact that they are broadcasting this kind of programme is what really matters. Credit surely where it is due......unless of course there are adverts between the movements.

Comment

• John Wright
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hafod View Post
        It may be 'indigestable' but this is Classic FM. The fact that they are broadcasting this kind of programme is what really matters. Credit surely where it is due......unless of course there are adverts between the movements.
        There won't be adverts, not between movements anyway. You see, CFM don't get many listeners on a Saturday night,so not many advertisers would pay for that evening. In fact most midweek-evenings there's very few ads, for the same reason, hence CFM, nicely, take the opportuity to broadcast programmes of Full Works (they've dropped the Evening Concert name).
        - - -

John W

Comment

• hafod
          • Nov 2010

John W - thanks for this. I gave up on CFM many moons ago but it seems that there may be items worth tuning in for (as long as the presenter does not tell me to 'relax').

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

It's what I call 'serendipitous listening'...popping out to the kitchen to do a bit of washing up, The Met Opera in interval, and dipping into ClassicFM to discover Mahler 2 ....bliss....even though it was the pedestrian version from Haitink

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Just cannot be magnanimous enough to accept any music offered can you, any of you? So long as it’s Classic FM, it’s infra dig, what?

Mario

Comment

Working...
              X