• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Auferstehen2

Mario

Comment

• Eudaimonia

Glière - 25 Preludes Op.30 for Piano (XI-XX)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

I find this music consoling
        there's no alternative but to give in and let it take over ..........
        Another video I recorded at this concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoal5ZegpoGig played on may 26 2009 in Leuven, Belgium. Location: Predikherenkerk (...

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
          I don't know if it counts as 'consoling', but for many years, when I was feeling depressed (& I don't mean just a bit fed up) I would play Stravinsky's 'Oedipus Rex'. It has some very invigorating music, & however bad I felt my problems were they weren't nearly as bad as Oedipus'.
          Sorry to hear of your depression flossie - I count myself lucky to live in a time in when anti-depressants have become a lot more effective and less awful in terms of side-effects than when I first encountered them in the 70s.

My choice would be the final movement of Mahler symphony no 3 which I once described to a puzzled friend as 'Everything's Going To Be Alright'

I hope that things are getting better for you these days, flossie

Comment

• Freddie Campbell

...Well I find any slow Mvt of Mozart consoling-and all Bach theraputic...

Comment

• Mandryka

I'm sure Flossie is happier now she has her gold back.

Three Little Birds by Bob Marley and the Wailers was very consoling when I was waiting for my 'O' level results, I seem to remember.

Many Americans of a certain age find the voice of Ronald Reagan consoling/reassuring: apparently, hearing him gave them a sense that life was going to get better.

Comment

• Eudaimonia

Gerard Souzay singing Fauré...Après un Rêve and Hymne Op.7

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Last edited by Guest; 21-02-11, 04:25.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

The only time I've had to organise a funeral it was a humanist affair for an aged and much loved relative. As people were filing into the crematorium we had the slow movement from the Schubert String Quintet. After the eulogies and a reading we had the Sonnet and Epilogue from Britten Serenade for Tenor Horn and Strings (this had personal significance) and as people were getting ready to file out the 2nd movement of Schubert's 5th symphony, which seemed to give just the right degree of lift at the end of the proceedings.

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                    I find this music consoling
                    there's no alternative but to give in and let it take over ..........
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a0Z2yndlOs
                    The sounds of chainsaws and motorbikes are more appealing! Couldn't you just leave or turn it off?

This has to be a test, to see how many people can get to the end of the 11 minute YouTube video!

Comment

• MrGongGong
                      • Nov 2010

Its not a test
                      and you really need to listen to it very loud !

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

I used to play the last mvt of Tchaikovsky Symphony no.6 on my dark days.

On the bus.

Of course, that was years ago!

3VS

Comment

• Freddie Campbell

...Funny that- most Artists also go through a "Dark" period...

Comment

Working...
                          X