Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianophile
    • Dec 2010

There was a most beautiful Brahms E minor sonata on Radio 3 a couple of weeks ago with JdP and Barenboim. It made me want to seek out a CD of this performance.

Comment

• Sir Velo
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Pianophile View Post
      There was a most beautiful Brahms E minor sonata on Radio 3 a couple of weeks ago with JdP and Barenboim. It made me want to seek out a CD of this performance.
      you won't be disappointed. There's a splendid EMI box set of 17 discs which includes two performances of both the Brahms sonatas (one a BBC recording with Suvi Raj Grubb as producer). There's also the Beethoven sonatas in 1.5 sets (Barenboim and Bishop the collaborators); the complete trios (with Zukerman joining the team). All at, what was at any rate, knock down prices.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

All this talk about her prompted me to order the 17 disc EMI box. It arrived today. The amazon.co.uk description was "Condition: Used - Good. Artwork may have wear or tears, discs in perfect condition." The box was certainly battered, and indeed broken, but the film wrap was still in place, and the discs inside appear to be new. Can't complain at £17.99 including p&p. Quite a few duplicates of what I already have, but not enough to prevent it from remaining a significant bargain.

Comment

Working...
        X