• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Beethoven PC5 on BBC4 this Friday

I feel sure I have already seen a message re. Firday night's long delayed broadcast of Paul Lewis playing the 5th Beethoven Piano Concerto (from last year's Proms). However, search as I have, I cannot find it, so here is a futher reminder:

"The Emperor!"

Please note, there will be no early morning repeat.
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Voila!

Originally posted by salymap View Post
    I am MUCH too old to have pin-ups, but I see that Paul Lewis's Proms performance of the Beetn Emperor Concerto is being shown at last on BBC 4 next Friday. Must make a note of it.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Ah, no wonder searching for "beethoven" and "piano concerto" did not find it. I should have tried "Emperor".

Comment

• maestro267
        • Nov 2010

About time! This wait has been absolutely ridiculous. The BBC own the Proms, so broadcasting rights wasn't the issue.

Comment

• salymap
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Don't forget. PAUL LEWIS, the missing Beethoven Piano Concerto no 5 [Emperor], to give it its full title, tonight on BBC4 at 7.30pm. Gorgeous. [Themusic ofcourse}

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Did others catch the blooper in the introduction to the broadcast? We were told that we were about to hear "Beethoven's Fifth". No mention of the fact that it was his fifth piano concerto, rather than what is commonly referred to as his "Fifth", namely the Symphony in C minior Op. 67.

[That's the introduction by the continuity announcer, not that by Hazlewood.]

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

I thought the RT on BBC4 for the concert was a little strange. They got the concerto right but then said that after the discussion with CH the pianist 'then performs the cycle at the RAH' etc. I only heard one concerto last night but enjoyed it.

Comment

• Curalach

I thought it a fine performance from all concerned. I also very much enjoyed the preceding interview with Paul Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                X