X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bax-of-Delights
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    I suppose for those who are quite content with R3 in its current form, little things don't bother you. If you're cheesed off by so many individually 'little' details, you really don't want yet another reason to turn off. The danger is that you do find more interesting things and don't bother to turn on again.
    Well, I fully intended to listen to Afternoon on 3 today but switched on as the opening buzz of VW's The Wasps got under way and since it was only aired 2 days ago and is also in the top 10 of R3's pieces that must be played ad nauseam I switched off - and haven't bothered to switch back on again. Now listening to Danish Jazz Radio P8 while I work at the computer.
    How to lose core listeners - and keep losing them - seems to be the order of the day at R3 HQ.
    O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
      Ah - that's why he doesn't mind the same piece of music played twice in two days - he just sleeps through it all!

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bax-of-Delights View Post
        Well, I fully intended to listen to Afternoon on 3 today but switched on as the opening buzz of VW's The Wasps got under way and since it was only aired 2 days ago and is also in the top 10 of R3's pieces that must be played ad nauseam I switched off - and haven't bothered to switch back on again. Now listening to Danish Jazz Radio P8 while I work at the computer.
        How to lose core listeners - and keep losing them - seems to be the order of the day at R3 HQ.
        Quite agree!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Talking of The Planets - came across the LSO/Previn recording on an HMV CD for £1 in a charity shop today coupled with Boult's 16 soloists version of the Serenade to Music .

To my ears a definite bargain -the LSO/Previn combination ws on fire in the early 1970s and it is a very exciting account - a Mars to make your hair stand on end and that recording of the Serenade is gorgeous.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            Talking of The Planets - came across the LSO/Previn recording on an HMV CD for £1 in a charity shop today coupled with Boult's 16 soloists version of the Serenade to Music .
            To my ears a definite bargain -the LSO/Previn combination ws on fire in the early 1970s and it is a very exciting account - a Mars to make your hair stand on end and that recording of the Serenade is gorgeous.
            - and a well-imagined coupling, if (as I hope!) the RVW follows Neptune.

I hadn't heard The Planets in years until I pressed a wrong button on my car CD player driving home at the end of May this year. It wasn't a particullarly good performances but I was delighted to be reminded what an excellent work it is.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

I hadn't heard The Planets in years until I pressed a wrong button on my car CD player driving home at the end of May this year. It wasn't a particullarly good performances but I was delighted to be reminded what an excellent work it is.
              Looking forward to the Prom performance along with Schoenbergs five pieces for orchestra this year. Hoping to be there for that one.thursday august28, LPO.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

Yes indeed the Serenade is second - a recording I know well but it goes well after The Planets .

Comment

Working...
                X