X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Vile Consort View Post
    You are suggesting it doesn't matter what is played, on the grounds that nobody is obliged to listen to it, are you?
    Not at all, but it's probably fair to surmise that a large proportion of the Radio3 listenership were either not bothered about hearing The Planets twice within a few days- and they were different performances after all- or didn't hear the Sunday afternoon broadcast anyway. And for the small number who were bothered by it, then just tune out come back later.

I really don't see why it's such a big deal to some people.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
      Not at all, but it's probably fair to surmise that a large proportion of the Radio3 listenership were either not bothered about hearing The Planets twice within a few days- and they were different performances after all- or didn't hear the Sunday afternoon broadcast anyway. And for the small number who were bothered by it, then just tune out come back later.

I guess you are used to wall to wall repeats on Sky, and are immune to it on R3 as a result.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        I guess you are used to wall to wall repeats on Sky, and are immune to it on R3 as a result.

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

Sky ? hummmm sounds interesting , I wonder who I should ask for more information ?

Comment

• Mr Pee
            • Nov 2010

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

is it not a fair point, though?
              Just askin', like.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                Sky ? hummmm sounds interesting , I wonder who I should ask for more information ?
                ask me Gongers, I got four months free full package !!
                I will tell all.
                Oh don't bother, its crap apart from the footy.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                  • Nov 2010

ask me Gongers, I got four months free full package !!
                  I will tell all.
                  You aren't selling it very well matey
                  there used to be someone about these parts who was a real enthusiast

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                    You aren't selling it very well matey
                    there used to be someone about these parts who was a real enthusiast
                    and me a sales person by day.
                    No wonder am still only selling those old fashioned paper books, and not something glitzy and 21st century.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                      • Nov 2010

Nonsense.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

I think its crap. I get it for free, and I still think its crap.
                        apart from the footy.
                        But I am glad you enjoy it.
                        Honestly.

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Mr Pee might get castigated for stating his opinion but to be honest this was my thought as well. I'm working all day so only ever catch R3 in the evening but I do think it makes more sense to adopt a more discriminating approach to listening. If whatever's on doesn't appeal switch off and do something else more interesting.
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

I can't have listened to the Planets for a couple of years or so until John Wilson's most enjoyable traversal (that word again!)
                            on Sunday afternoon.

Now I look forward to hearing Sir Andrew's on Listen Again with the added possibility of a comparative ear.

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                              Mr Pee might get castigated for stating his opinion but to be honest this was my thought as well. I'm working all day so only ever catch R3 in the evening but I do think it makes more sense to adopt a more discriminating approach to listening. If whatever's on doesn't appeal switch off and do something else more interesting.
                              I suppose for those who are quite content with R3 in its current form, little things don't bother you. If you're cheesed off by so many individually 'little' details, you really don't want yet another reason to turn off. The danger is that you do find more interesting things and don't bother to turn on again.
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                The danger is that you do find more interesting things and don't bother to turn on again.
                                This is very true and I sometimes wonder if I haven't actually got passed that stage. Po3 has to be of special interest to grab me these days largely due to the fact that with working I have to ensure what I want go hear is going to be worthwhile. If not, the CD collection beckons. I listen to the Choral Evensong repeat (or record Wednesday's live broadcast) and that's it for me from R3 most weeks.
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X