X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tapiola
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    First heard it on a tiny transistor radio while visiting Derrry back in the early 1980s.
    These days, "Seven Stars on a Tranny in Stroke City" sounds more like a Daily Sport headline.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

I have yet to listen to tonight's performance (I will access the iPlayer, later) but the use of the Ondes Martenot in the Garbo movement of the Seven Stars' Symphony is by no means Koechlin's only involvement with the instrument. His 2nd Symphony calls for four of them!

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

my listening was interrupted but the bits I heard I thought were gorgeous harmony-wise

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

If anyone is interested in getting the Judd recording of the Koechlin, can be found in the bargain 10 disc Splendeurs Symphoniques Françaises Au Xxe Siècle box at amazon.co.uk for £13.16. It's the only Koechlin in that box, however.

Comment

• Rolmill
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            If anyone is interested in getting the Judd recording of the Koechlin, can be found in the bargain 10 disc Splendeurs Symphoniques Françaises Au Xxe Siècle box at amazon.co.uk for £13.16. It's the only Koechlin in that box, however.
            Thanks Bryn, duly ordered the last copy available (apologies to anyone who missed out ), as it looks an interesting box which I haven't encountered previously. I like the Jungle Book set so am looking forward to exploring this Seven Stars' Symphony.
            Last edited by Rolmill; 15-01-16, 15:33. Reason: carelessness

Comment

Working...
            X