X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roslynmuse
    • Jul 2011

Debussy orch Hans Abrahamsen

I've just listened to Wednesday's broadcast of this new orchestration of Children's Corner. I was puzzled by the omission of Dr Gradus ad Parnassum and wondered if HA had thought it unsuitable for orchestration. But no, a quick Google revealed a Youtube film of the whole concert, including all six movements of Children's Corner. Why can't we be told when we're only hearing part of the whole? Or had someone lined up the tape to play from the wrong point? Amateur broadcasting...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Roslynmuse View Post
    Amateur broadcasting...
    Wrong epithet, Rosly; no "lover" of broadcasting would make such a ham-fisted mess! More amateurs in charge of the BBC, please!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Roslynmuse
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Wrong epithet, Rosly; no "lover" of broadcasting would make such a ham-fisted mess! More amateurs in charge of the BBC, please!
      You're quite correct, of course!

Comment

• gradus
        • Nov 2010

I too was puzzled by the missing Dr. G.

Comment

• John Shelton

Speaking of Debussy transcriptions, if you haven't try to hear Luc Brewaeys' of the 24 Preludes. A work that sets itself such exact requirements the effects are hallucinatory. Fascinating. I'd post at greater length but I've been really quite ill lately. Hope to be back soon (apologies for off topic).

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Hey Nonymous View Post
            Speaking of Debussy transcriptions, if you haven't try to hear Luc Brewaeys' of the 24 Preludes. A work that sets itself such exact requirements the effects are hallucinatory. Fascinating. I'd post at greater length but I've been really quite ill lately. Hope to be back soon (apologies for off topic).

http://www.lucbrewaeys.com/content.php?recordings=CO
            Good to see you back HN - hope you get well soon!

Comment

Working...
            X